All we have is collective gratitude towards our clients and partner ecosystem that believed in our capability and commitment and supported us during this prolonged turbulence.
Chetan Mahajan, Founder & CEO of The Mavericks
2020 got everyone to focus on our core; health, relationships, gratitude, resilience, and constant skilling. As we draw closer to bid goodbye to the most horrid year of our lives, the vision for 2021 is much sharper and clearer in terms of our priorities. To make the best of 2021 our five-point focus at Mavericks will be:
- Be aligned with purpose: Crisis tends to bring people together as a team that’s on a joint mission, and the results of having a common purpose are usually profound. We will make a conscious and continuous effort in aligning the shared purpose of our teams to achieve a much more significant impact in shaping our collective future.
- Continuous Skilling: We need to invest consistently in sharpening our skillsets as well as learning new skills to future proof our careers. We will be investing at least 4% of our revenues in training and upskilling customised to our individual as well as a collective need to gain momentum on our journey ahead.
- No wild goose chase: In the last two and a half years of our existence as Mavericks we’ve not made a single cold call for new business, even during the pandemic. We have a much sharper focus to nurture our existing relationships and continue to grow into an organisation where people and clients love to belong.
- More integrated than ever before: We know integration brings harmony, clarity and efficiency in narrating a brand story. We faired well in 2020, and in 2021 we will bring more integrated campaigns delivered by multi-skilled teams as we integrate multiskilling as a mandatory trait for the Mavericks.
- One country one team: When we started in 2018, we were too small to divide ourselves by geographies. This structure rendered a unique proposition for our clients. We had people from across the country, working on delivering the best for our clients. In 2021 we intend to bring this spirit of one country one team to be our core for our clients to get equal attention across our NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkota offices irrespective of where they are based. Before the pandemic hit, we’d to hard-sell the idea of working from anywhere and now this idea is common everywhere. We’ve been at it for longer and consciously in the best interest of our clients, and we’ll continue to lead the pack in the coming years.
The Pandemic got our teams together to put a resilient show in 2020 with modest business growth, albeit falling a bit short of the planned trajectory. All we have is collective gratitude towards our clients and partner ecosystem that believed in our capability and commitment and supported us during this prolonged turbulence. 2021 brings a new dawn, while the scars of 2020 will take long to heal; we stand much stronger as a collective force than ever before with a dimension that could perhaps have been the default path. Well, as they say, it’s never too late to get the direction right, momentum and speed will come in the due course once the persistence is well demonstrated.