Powerful newly updated app delivers a unique personalized experience, that gives fans super-fast scores, industry-leading news and commentary and arich entertaining video library
- The launch of reimagined app is part of ESPNcricinfo’s yearlong 25TH Anniversary celebration
- New reimagined app launches in time to deliver complete coverage of ongoing India tour of England
- ESPNcricinfo’s game around the game coverage for the series includes engaging content, match video highlights, pre and post-match studio shows, analysis from the ground in England and more
- Coverage of the series includessome of the most admired cricketers and analysts such as Mark Butcher, Steve Harmison, James Taylor, Ravi Bopara and Nick Compton, who mesh seamlessly with their Indian counterparts VVS Laxman, Ajit Agarkar, Aakash Chopra and Murali Kartik
Mumbai: ESPNcricinfo, the go-to digital destination for all things cricket has announced the release of a new and reimagined app as a part of its 25th anniversary celebration this year. The new ESPNcricinfo app reinforcesthe brand’s position as an innovator, introducing new features and delivers a unique blend of personalization and performance along with the best coverage of the sport in India and globally.
The new ESPNcricinfo app is more personal and dynamic than ever – delivering a unique experience to each user based on their particular interests, while also enabling meaningful curation and presentation From ESPN’s unmatched storytellers, journalists and content creators. Cricket fans get:
Super-fast, easy-to-access scores and the world’s most respected news, features and opinion coverage of cricket, presented in an integrated main content feed
- A powerful, easy-to-use interface that enhances user-driven personalization
- Rich presentation of ESPNcricinfo’s industry-leading video content, including highlights, clips, original shows, commentary and analysis, all delivered right on the home screen.
- New navigation:Android users will now have new, more intuitive navigation
The app’s new design and technological platform elevates what was already the leading digital cricket product to new levels of quality, leveraging the technology and product platform behind the ESPN app and ESPN.com, the world’s leading digital sports products.
“We are thrilled to announce the launch of the re-imagined app, giving each and every fan a more personal experience with our industry leading scores, news and video,”said Ramesh Kumar, Vice President, Head of ESPN India and South Asia. “We have always kept fans at the core of all we do. The new app marks the latest evolution in our storied history as one of the Internet’s digital sports pioneers and is another way that ESPNcricinfo is raising the gamefor cricket fans in creating the best experience across every device and platform. As we celebrate our 25th anniversary, ESPNcricinfo is more committed than ever to being every fans digital connection to the sport loved by nearly two billion people worldwide.”
The app release comes as the brand is providing engaging, complete coverage of India’s tour of England. It letsfans enjoy the best coverage of the series in a dynamic digital experience wherever they happen to be.
Fans can also watch live match action on ESPN.in.
ESPNcricinfo’s programming around the series comprises pre- and post-match shows, video highlights, though-provoking analysis with unmatched statistical data, specially designed to bring the game closer to fans. To help deliver its coverage, ESPNcricinfo has roped in top cricket talent as experts, including Mark Butcher, Steve Harmison, James Taylor, Ravi Bopara and Nick Compton, who mesh seamlessly with their Indian counterparts VVS Laxman, Ajit Agarkar, Aakash Chopra and Murali Kartik.
ESPNcricinfo also remains the original home of the highest-quality news and analysis of every wicket, match, star and happenings shaping world-cricket. As fan behaviors evolve, so does ESPNcricinfo’s coverage of the sport they love by giving the most insightful & relevant information.
From June 2017 to May 2018, ESPNcricinfo has seen a 50% year-on-year increase in total minutes spent and a 300% increase in video consumption. It is one of the most visited digitalsports destinations in India with over 1 Billion visits annually.