Kolkata: “When was the last time you sinned?” – the Official Trailer of Chupkotha, a Hoichoi Original Film, has this question for the audience. Hoichoi, the world’s largest digital Bengali entertainment content platform launched the trailer today in the presence of star cast Parno Mittra, Shataf Fiqar, Mainak Banerjee and director, Rick Basu. Giving chills all over and a horror story like no other, Chupkotha (literal translation “Silent Words”) has a lot to say. The film will be streaming on Hoichoi from 18th August.
The trailer gives viewers an exploration of child missing cases, several since decades, in the quiet town of Kurseong. An investigative journalist, Shivangi (Parno Mittra) lands up with the case and thus, through the trailer, we see, her series of nightmares and a horrific man called Anthony Gomes and how everything seems to be linking back to him. Will Shivangi be able to solve the crime or will she herself get entangled in the trapeze of horrors?
With this content, Hoichoi is marking the successful run of their “Hoichoi Original Film” bouquet after experimenting with previous Originals like ‘Shrimoti Bhoyonkori’, ‘Aami vs Tumi’, ‘Laboratory’ and ‘Boomerang’.
Chupkotha, will start streaming on Hoichoi from 18th August. The story goes as follows: A phone is an instrument that connects people; sometimes beings as well. Shivangi, 28, a successful investigative journalist gets a tip about a search that will be conducted by the Kolkata Police in a house that is being closed down for almost a month. The film revolves around the missing child, the mysterious phone, the fantasy-fiction novel and the house that is filled with dark and evil secrets.
The excitement does not end here. Hoichoi is offering more content by bringing out 7 World Digital Premiere(s) of blockbuster movies on 3rd of August, namely –
1) Katmundu (Directed by Raj Chakraborty and starring Soham, Abir Chatterjee, Rudranil Ghosh, Srabanti, Mimi Chakraborty)
2) Bastushaap (Directed by Kaushik Ganguly and starring Parambrata, Raima Sen, Abir Chatterjee, Churni Ganguly)
3) Hercules (Directed by Sudeshna Roy & Abhijit Guha, starring Paoli Dam, Parambrata, Saswata Chatterjee)
4) Asche Bochor Abar Hobe (Directed by Sushanto Das starring Arjun Chakrabarty, Rittika Sen)
5) Jodi Love Dile Na Prane (Directed by Sudeshna Roy & Abhijit Guha, starring Abir Chatterjee, Tridha Choudhury, Arjun Chakrabarty, Ananya Chatterjee)
6) Hemanta (Directed by Anjan Dutt and starring Paayel Sarkar, Parambrata)
7) Michael (Directed by Satrajit Sen starring Mir, Swastika Mukherjee)