NDTV earnings for quarter ended 31st March 2017 has reflected the companies turnaround plans with its costs coming down sharply and turning our to be profitable. The highlights of turnaround effect are as following:
- Group Turns Profitable: NDTV Group recorded net profit of Rs. 5 crore for the quarter compared to a loss of Rs. 1 crore in the same quarter previous year
- Cost Reduction: NDTV Group’s costs as a part of strategic initiatives have gone down significantly by 17% from Rs. 164 crore in same quarter previous year to Rs. 137 crore in the current quarter
- Earnings Improvement: EBITDA has increased by Rs. 15.4 crore from Rs. 8.3 crore in same quarter previous year to Rs. 23.7 crore in the current quarter
- The Hindi Channel Also Shows a Profit: NDTV’s Hindi news channel “NDTV India”, the only Non-tabloid Hindi news channel in the India, makes a profit of Rs.7 crores this quarter alone.
- Digital Business Highlights:
– NDTV Convergence
- NDTV’s digital armposts 100%jump in netprofit to Rs. 8crore forthe quarter compared to Rs. 4 crore in the same quarter previous year.
- NDTV.com now has 120 million unique visitors and page views exceeding 1 billion each month.
Gadgets360.com (Red Pixels Ventures Ltd) had an operational break even (after tax in its first full year of operation before a one-off expense)
Gadgets360’s content play continues to be the dominant player in gadget news and reviews, with more than twice the unique users compared with its nearest competitor.
Gadgets360 is now among the Top 20 Technology News websites in the world (according to market intelligence company SimilarWeb)