The One Club for Creativity and The 3% Movement have announced the initial group of top creatives from 17 countries who will serve on the global jury for Next Creative Leaders 2022, a free competition recognizing women and non-binary creatives on the rise.
Now in its eighth year, Next Creative Leaders is a free portfolio competition that identifies, celebrates, and gives a global platform to talented women and non-binary creatives who are making their mark on the world with both their work and a unique point of view on creative leadership that’s changing the industry for the better.
The initial list of judges, many of whom are past NCL winners, is as follows:
- Simon Brock, ECD, Digitas ANZ, Sydney
- Elle Dunn, senior copywriter, Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
- Nopparath Eksuwancharoen , CD, SOUR Bangkok
- Guan Hin Tay, CCO, BBDO Singapore
- Sarah Ko, ECD, Publicis Singapore
- Katarina Matic, senior art director, Bullfrog Melbourne
- Laura Aondio, senior creative, Publicis Conseil, Paris
- Claus Fischer, founder, Voss+Fischer, Frankfurt
- Emiliano Gonzalez De Pietri, CCO, McCann Spain, Madrid
- Mónica Gramunt, ACD, Officer&Gentleman, Madrid
- Grant Hunter, global ECD, Iris London
- Sarah Lefkowith, CD, Creature London
- Eduarda Nieto, senior creative designer, AKQA Sweden, Göteborg
- Zeynep Orbay, CD, Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam
- Erika Reyes Angel, senior creative, BETC Paris
- Ane Santiago Quintas, copywriter, Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam
- Francesca Vitello, senior creative, Publicis Conseil, Paris
- Marina Erthal, CD, R/GA São Paulo/New York
- Paula Essig, ACD, Droga5 São Paulo
- Julia Mota, CD, GUT São Paulo
- Heloisa Ribeiro, ACD, FCB Brazil São Paulo
- Leticia Rodrigues, ACD, FCB Brazil São Paulo
- Shadi Al Hroub, founder, CEO. MENAMONSTERS, Muscat (Oman)
- Rana Khoury, ECD, Leo Burnett Beirut
- Teresa Nyamorambo Makori, ACD, Isobar – Dentsu Kenya, Nairobi
- Hyun Seo Yoo, creative strategist, TikTok, Dubai
- Grant Sithole, chief product officer, Publicis Groupe Africa, Johannesburg
- Raegan Allsbrook, copywriter, Meta, San Francisco
- Preethi Balakrishnan, senior art director, Saatchi & Saatchi New York
- Kelsey Boylan, senior copywriter, Saatchi & Saatchi New York
- Cara Mia Cecchini, senior art director, Droga5 New York
- Pam Danowski, CD, GUT Toronto
- Jackie Jinse Moran, art director, creative strategist , TikTok New York
- Ellie Lloyd, ECD, Glow Los Angeles
- Michaela McCrink, ACD, Meta, New York
- Mia Rafowitz, senior copywriter, Droga5 New York
- Jason Stefanik, ECD, Dentsu Creative, New York
- Emma Zakes Green, senior copywriter, Wolfgang Los Angeles
Eligible entrants for NCL are those who are stepping into leadership roles, including copywriters, art directors, designers, ACDs, newly-promoted creative and design directors with less than one year in the role, and creative teams who are doing game-changing work.
Along with naming 10 global winners based upon the highest scores, the competition also recognizes regional winners in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East/Africa, and North America. A list of all previous NCL winners can be viewed here.
Entries highlighting a candidate’s creativity, leadership, and unique point of view must be submitted by the August 26, 2022 deadline. To make Next Creative Leaders as open and accessible as possible, there is no fee to enter.
Entrants are judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring, and advocacy. Winners will be announced in Fall 2022.
Each NCL winner receives a one-year complimentary individual membership with The One Club, with opportunities to participate in future One Club awards juries, and complimentary tickets to a One Club professional development conference ($1,000+ value), panels, and mentorship events.
Winners also each get their work showcased on The One Club website, promotion on both The 3% Movement and The One Club social channels, and potential speaking opportunities. The 10 global winners also get a dedicated profile article about them on The One Club website.
Branding for Next Creative Leaders 2022 was designed by the team of NCL 2021 winners Cara Mia Cecchini and Mia Rafowitz, both of whom are on this year’s jury.