Mumbai: SilverPush, a data driven marketing company, today announced the first round of findings around “TV Advertising Mapping Report for the Pro Kabaddi League 2017. This report highlights key insights basis the data captured and analyzed during PKL on Indian TV channels. The analysis sheds light on the most active brands of the league on TV and a special analysis on how excited is the viewer about PKL5.
There has been an exceptional rise in viewership for the league over the last 4 seasons. This season saw a surge of over 59% in viewership as compared to the inaugural day of season 4. (Source: Indianexpress.com / article /sports). The rising popularity of the event amongst consumers has invariably resulted in an increase in the number of advertisers wanting to own ad spots during PKL.
The report revealed that the number of advertisers doubled since week 1 of PKL5 (currently over 20 + brands dominate the space). The mix of advertisers this season included categories such as Mobiles. Two wheelers, distilled spirits, finance and many more. What is interesting to note is that more than 50% of the brands that advertise during PKL5 are those that cater to men.
- Prime time continues to be the sweet spot even with PKL5, with over 49% of the ad spots.
- Further the report also highlights how brands are interested in advertising during midweek as compared to the start of the week. Mobile phones as a category own maximum ad spots this season. A deeper analysis on the impact of PKL5 TV ad breaks on the digital journey of Mobile phones, Mutual funds &Distilled spirits showed a sharp co-relation between the search volume and TV adspots during the match hours
- 2 wheeler category ads on the other hand haven’t brought about any noticeable shift in the brands digital uplift in spite of being a heavy spender.
- FMCG, Telecom & Entertainment categories account for less than 10% of the ad spots owned this season.
- SilverPush leveraged the power of PRISM, its real time analytics software to record the TV and digital data of PKL5 from over 60 popular channels.
- PKL5 this season aired over 20K ad spots (from July28th to Aug 31st) across channels. They had a mix of 9 creative sets of which the face off &Rohit Kumar creative were aired the most.
- Viewers are actively looking for PKL5 on digital during the end of the week i.e. Friday Onwards and these search’s for PKL5 are at it’s highest during 8.00pm to 9.00pm.
These insights certainly highlight and bring to the forefront of how the TV ads bring about transference in a brands digital activity as well. It leaves marketers with a thought of whether a brand can own this TV to digital transference and create a connect with the audience on digital, when they are most receptive and conditioned to the brands message.