The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has revealed 27 Jury Presidents that will lead and guide the festival’s specialist juries.
The Jury Presidents span the 66th Cannes Lions Awards architecture, introduced last year, which includes nine Awards Tracks. The Tracks are meant to provide an organizing structure to enable entrants to navigate the Lions and also reflect the diversity and specialism of the work from the creative communications industry.
Each jury is tasked with curating a body of work that will represent 2018 and set the tone for the creative year ahead.
“Our Jury Presidents are pivotal in this process, themselves having demonstrated their creative credentials in guiding teams, organizations and brands to set exemplary standards,” said Philip Thomas, Chairman of Cannes Lions. “We’re extremely proud to have their talent and experience to lead this year’s juries in setting the benchmark for creativity going forward.”
The 2019 jury line-up includes two new Lions; the Entertainment Lion for Sport and the Creative Strategy Lions while the Product Design Lion has been retired. This shift in disciplines of Lions represents the changing industry landscape and how the future of creativity is evolving.
2019 Cannes Lions Jury Presidents
The Communication Track looks at the big creative idea, where campaigns are brought to life through brilliant partnerships, people and storytelling.
- Film Lions – Margaret Johnson, Chief Creative Officer, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, USA
- Radio & Audio Lions – Jose Miguel Sokoloff, Global President, MullenLowe Group Creative Council & Chief Creative Officer, MullenLowe Group UK, Global
- Outdoor Lions – John Patroulis, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Grey, Global
- Print & Publishing Lions – Olivier Altmann, Co-Founder, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Altmann + Pacreau, France
- Design Lions – Richard Ting, Global Chief Experience Officer & US Chief Creative Officer, R/GA, Global
- Mobile Lions – Ari Weiss, Chief Creative Officer, DDB Worldwide, North America
- Titanium Lions – David Lubars, Chief Creative Officer Worldwide, Chairman North America, BBDO, Global
The Craft Track focuses on the artistry, skill, talent and flair required to deliver beautifully executed ideas with the power to cut through and bring the creative idea to life.
- Industry Craft Lions – Trevor Robinson OBE, Founder & Executive Creative Director, Quiet Storm, UK
- Digital Craft Lions – ReiInamoto, Founding Partner, Inamoto& Co, USA
- Film Craft Lions – Rebecca Skinner, Managing Director / Executive Producer, Superprime Films, USA
- The Entertainment Track celebrates creativity that goes beyond branded communications to create authentic entertainment that engages consumers and impacts culture.
- Entertainment Lions – Scott Donaton, Global Chief Creative & Content Officer, Digitas, Global
- Entertainment Lions for Music – Paulette Long OBE, Music Consultant / Board Director, Paulette Long, UK
- Entertainment Lions for Sport – Steve Stoute, Founder & CEO, Translation Enterprises, USA
- The Experience Track focuses on the powerful brand currency of intelligent customer journeys and immersive experiences.
- Brand Experience & Activation Lions – Jaime Mandelbaum, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R, Europe
- Creative eCommerce Lions – Daniel Bonner, Global Chief Creative Officer, Wunderman, Global
The Good Track goes beyond brand purpose to use creative communications to shift culture, create change and positively impact the world.
- Sustainable Development Goals Lions – David Droga, Founder and Creative Chairman, Droga5, Global
- Glass: The Lion for Change – Jaime Robinson, Chief Creative Officer, Joan Creative, Global
The Health Track celebrates creativity in branded communications in a highly innovative but fiercely regulated sector which has the unique power to truly change lives.
- Pharma Lions – Robin Shapiro, Global President, TBWA\WorldHealth, Global
- Health & Wellness Lions – Shaheed Peera, Executive Creative Director, PublicisLifeBrands, Publicis Resolute and Real Science, Global
The Impact Track celebrates commercial creative effectiveness and the techniques used to measure and impact branded communications.
- Creative Effectiveness Lions – John Seifert, Worldwide Chief Executive, Ogilvy, Global
The Innovation Track showcases the conception and application of product development, business transformation and the new data-driven, tech-enabled creativity re-shaping the conversation between brand and consumer.
- Innovation Lions – Bill Yom, Global Creative Director, Cheil Worldwide, South Korea
The Reach Track recognizes the insight, strategy and planning that enables brands to effectively engage consumers, at scale, and be heard amid the ongoing battle for attention.
- Creative Strategy Lions – Tracey Follows, Founder, Futuremade, Global
- Creative Data Lions – Yasuharu Sasaki, Head of Digital Creative and Executive Creative Director, Dentsu Inc., Japan
- Social & Influencer Lions – PJ Pereira, Co-founder & Creative Chairman, Pereira O’Dell, Global
- PR Lions – Michelle Hutton, Managing Director, Global Clients, Edelman, Global
- Direct Lions – Nicky Bullard, Chairwoman & Chief Creative Officer, MRM McCann, UK
- Media Lions – Karen Blackett OBE, WPP UK Country Manager &MediaCom Chairwoman UK & Ireland, WPP, UK
The Jury Presidents will join their full juries at Cannes Lions where the winning work will be awarded each evening from 17-21 June.
Entries to the Awards open on 17 January 2019. Further information on how to enter and details on how to attend the Festival can be found at www.canneslions.com