Mumbai: C&S Medianet announced that it has supported Dish TV India Limited, Videocon D2H Limited and Siti Cable Network Limited and successfully brought to conclusion the Interconnection Agreement with Discovery. With the conclusion of the arrangement, Jeet – the new GEC Channel of Discovery has also been prominently placed on all the three platforms.
The arrangement has been beneficial to both – the Broadcaster as well the Platforms. C & S Medianet believes that this is the first step among many milestones it can help the DPO’s achieve as the Indian Television distribution industry – comprising DTH operators, Multi System Operators and Local Cable Operators has been fragmented with very little co-ordination between its constituents them as well as without having any common knowledge and experience sharing platform.
The operators have been running the business with limited resources and the industry was in the need of an entity which could assist them in various areas of operations to save their business.With the aim to provide a common platform for knowledge and experience sharing as well as to provide the gamut of services required by the Distribution Platform Operators (DPOs), Media Entity “C&S Medianet Pvt. Ltd.” has commenced its service.
With the expected implementation of the new Regulation and Tariff Order proposed by TRAI, it is imperative for the industry to be ready for a complete turnaround from how the industry operates today.
Headed by industry veterans, Himanshu Dhoreliya & Anil Malhotra, C&S Medianet aims to provide following consultancy services to the DPOs in order to help them tackle the issues faced by the Distribution Industry:
- Leveraging combined knowledge
- Knowledge sharing on packaging, increase of a-la-carte revenue
- Dispute Management, Regulatory Intervention & Compliance
- Collection & sharing of Data
- Engaging with Govt. for giving Ads to the members
- Engaging with DAVP for formulation of the policies
- Assistance in ensuring compliance with QoS Regulation
- Assisting in implementation of TRAI Regulations & Support in Audits
- Advertisement sales service and Value Added Service