- More than 450mn UGC created on the platform in 15 languages
- Over 14bn WhatsApp shares from ShareChat this year
- Hindi led the UGC creation with 22.5% share; followed byTamil and Telegu
New Delhi: ShareChat, India’s largest regional social media platform, has announced its year end -2019 UGC Trendz report for India. The report talks about the key User Generated Content (UGC) trends and topics that are driving online conversations amongst its 60 million monthly active users spread across 15 languages currently.
Entertainment has topped the trend with over 23% users creating/ posting content on the genre this year. Conversation on Romance is also high with over 14% content coming from the genre and is trending at the second spot.
Sense of Nationalism has come out very strong with top moments being seized as –
- Elections 2019
- Pulwama Attack, and tribute to martyrs
- Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman
A thorough analysis on hashtags trending this year reveals that people are high on their sentiment when it’s about issues of national interest. While people shown their angst on Pulwama Attack, but they also celebrated the return of Wing Commander Abhinandan and national event like General Elections.
While August 15th leads the conversation around Patriotism, the platform witnessed highest traffic on February 14th driven by romantic content.
Thousands of creators joining the platform
In 2019, ShareChat witnessed the growth in the number of first time internet users with millions of new users joining the platform this year. The growth is attributed to the availability of the social media platform in their regional languages, contributing to user generated content in native languages by over 21 million creators.
Growth of Video Content
Per ShareChat 2019 Trendz report, 450 million UGC posted/ created on ShareChat, in formats spanning images, videos, gifs etc., with over 580 million hours of video played on the platform which got more than 14 Billion WhatsApp shares this year.The video content is motivated by some exciting features and tools platformthat includes audio filters, face filters and tongue twisters helping users to create /recreate some interesting videos on their smartphones. Everyday, more than 20000 hours of videos gets uploaded on the platform, with an average of 22 seconds video.
Commenting on the ShareChat Trendz report 2019, Sunil Kamath, Chief Business Officer, ShareChat said “ShareChat demonstrates the demography of India with diversity in mindsets, interests and preferences in terms of art, culture, food and more importantly, its dialects. The same is also reflected in the UGC behaviour of Indians coming on the platform. These synergies make ShareChat a preferred platform for native language users. The last five years have been a great learning experience and we have grown from zero to 60 million monthly active users, mostly organic way as we truly understand the heart and pulse of every native language user and connect well through our platform”
He further added, “Regional language usage has motivated the UGC behaviour and we could see thousands of micro influencers getting evolved at a grassroot level. Various brands have already started engaging with them on ShareChat to drive hyper personalized brand experiences which are impactful and driving greater results for these brands”
- Hindi led the UGC creation with 22.5% share, followed by Tamil with 19.4%. Telegu and Punjab eyeing the third spot with more than 13% each. Pune and adjoining areas drove the maximum content creation and engagement in Hindi.
- Election 2019, Ayodhya Verdict and Pulwama Attack trended in every language
- Punjab male loves Fashion and Makeup content, and its trending as the second most popular conversation in the state
- Users in Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Rajasthan engage with devotional content in the morning, and romantic content in the evening.