Mumbai : Hotstar – India’s leading video streaming platform won several accolades at the recently concluded EFFIE AWARDS INDIA 2020. With the highest tally of awards for Hotstar, STAR India bagged the prestigious EFFIE Client of the Year Award, a joint winner along with Hindustan Unilever Limited. Hotstar started its winning streak with a Gold in the Regional Category for the widely popular campaign on ‘Connecting Rural India to IPL.’ Apart from IPL, Hotstar also bagged multiple awards for its creative execution with ‘Weaponizing spoilers’ while promoting globally popular series Game of Thrones.
These awards come in close on the heels of a momentous year for Hotstar. The streaming platform not only clocked in a world record with 25.3 mn concurrent viewers during the ICC Cricket World Cup but also became the largest subscription platform in India on the back of its unique content offering.
Commenting on the win, Hotstar spokesperson said, “We strive to create content that captures the imaginations of viewers across the breadth of the country, not just in metros. These awards are a recognition of the incredible creative work done by keeping our consumer at the heart of everything we do. We hope to continue building on these successes as we enter what promises to be an exciting new decade in the world of entertainment!”
Here’s the full list of winning campaigns:
- GOLD: Regional category for Connecting Rural India to IPL
- SILVER: With Taproot Dentsu Communication in Entertainment & Sports category for How Season 12 became the most-watched IPL
- SILVER: With DDB Mudra Group in David and Goliath category for Koi Yaar Nahi Far
- SILVER: With DDB Mudra Group in David and Goliath category for Hotstar Premium’s Weaponizing Spoilers
- SILVER: With DDB Mudra Group in Integrated Advertising Campaign: Non-Product category for Koi Yaar Nahi Far
- BRONZE: With DDB Mudra Group in Entertainment & Sports category for Koi Yaar Nahi Far
- BRONZE: With DDB Mudra Group in Integrated Advertising Campaign: Non-Product category for Hotstar Premium’s Weaponizing Spoilers
- BRONZE: Influencer Marketing category for The New Social Network for IPL
Over the course of time, The EFFIE AWARDS INDIA have become a benchmark of effectiveness and breakthrough brand and media strategies. Every year these awards recognise some of the best and game-changing work conceptualized by the best minds of the industry.