New Delhi: The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today announced the Smarties shortlist and the winners will be unveiled at the Smarties India awards ceremony being held virtually on 27th November.
In its ninth edition, the MMA SMARTIES is the world’s only global mobile marketing awards programme celebrating outstanding innovation, creativity and achievement in the modern communications world where mobile is at the heart of consumer engagement. This year’s SMARTIES will honour marketers who have played a pivotal role in shaping the future of modern marketing and leveraged mobile applications to effectively deliver impressive results. New this year, the “Winning from Home” category pays tribute to the marketers who have beaten all odds and obstacles of working from home during a global pandemic to deliver creative and innovative ideas.
“Mobile continues to be a disruptive force, even more so with our increased reliance on it,” said Moneka Khurana, Country Head, India. “Our special category at this year’s SMARTIES recognised innovative marketing who successfully adapted to changing consumer behaviour and during these extraordinary times, and embraced disruptive ideas, creatives and campaigns to showcase compelling results.” Khurana further commented
The “Winning from Home” category comprises five sections. They are:
- Purposeful Marketing: Campaigns and messaging created to engage in purposeful marketing with consumers, using mobile as a key medium.
- Seamless Consumer Experience: Campaigns that enrich digital experiences or enable new methods of connecting with the consumer while adhering to social distancing norms.
- Best Use of Mobile to Drive Sales: Brands that have adopted new methods or pivoted to digital as a key sales channel.
- Innovation & Creativity: Campaigns that enabled innovation and creativity while primarily leveraging digital media. These campaigns have delivered a significant impact on the current business and enabled significant shifts to digital investments.
- Home Production: Campaigns that produced digital and mobile assets from home rather than a professional studio setup. They have also delivered impressive results/output and achieved business objectives.
MMA has also recently concluded its jury meet and jurors engaged /participated in scoring and deciding the winners are mentioned below :
- Merrill Pereyra – Jury chair/ Managing Director, Pizza Hut, Indian Subcontinent
- Sai Narayan, CMO, Policybazaar Group
- Elizabeth Venkataraman, Joint President-Consumer, Commercial & Wealth Marketing, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Loveleen Sahrawat, Head of Brand, Digital & Social Marketing, Media, Consumer Research & Insight, Aditya Birla Capital Ltd
- Meghna Apparao, Chief Business Officer, Licious
- Arvind RP, Director of Marketing and Communications, McDonald’s India
- Anurita Chopra, Area Marketing Lead, Oral Health, Media, Digital, Insights & Analytics, Indian SubContinent, GSK Consumer Healthcare, GSK
- Meera Iyer, CMO, Medlife
- Priyanka Khaneja Gandhi, Associate Director – Integrated Marketing Communication & E-commerce Marketing, Colgate-Palmolive India
- Paritosh Gupta, Associate Director – Marketing, Perfetti Van Melle India
- Kavita Chaturvedi, Chief Operating Officer, Snacks & Noodles, ITC Limited
- Sukhleen Aneja, CMO & Marketing Director, RB Hygiene Home, South Asia, Reckitt Benckiser Group
- Priya Nair, Executive Director, Beauty & Personal care, Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Sagar Boke, Head – Customer & Shopper Marketing – Foods & Beverages, TATA Consumer Products
- Anil Chilla, Chief Digital & Data Officer, L’Oréal India
- Tarun Jha, Head of Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India
- Roshni Das, Director, Marketing, Intel India, Amit Doshi, CMO (India and South Asia), Lenovo
- Gayatri Yadav, CMO: India & SEA, Sequoia India
- Atit Mehta, Head of Marketing, Byjus
- Karan Shroff, CMO, Unacademy
- Sandeep Ranade, Executive Director and Co-Lead West (Quantitative), Insights, Kantar
- Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, APAC, MMA
- Moneka Khurana, Country Head, MMA India.
“This year’s India SMARTIES received a wide variety of submissions. I believe this demonstrates how marketers are remaining innovative and creative in this current landscape, as they continue to power on the mobile marketing industry” said Merrill Pereyra – Managing Director, Pizza Hut, Indian Subcontinent
Shortlisting process All submissions were judged in two stages. Phase one consisted of pre-screening, where the shortlist was determined after the first round of voting. A minimum of five pre-screening jury members evaluated and scored each entry. Pre-screening council and jury council can be viewed here.
Entries with the highest average scores comprised the shortlist released for finalist selection. During phase two, main jury members evaluated, discussed and debated the merits of each shortlisted entry to decide on each category’s winners. The jury meeting was to decide the Gold, Silver and Bronze entries.