The study conducted Primary Data Analytical firm Chrome DM on the Youth Channel consumption has revealed that 42% of Indian Youth declaring MTV as their favorite channel while 23% of the respondents choose Bindass as their Favorite channel. Zoom stood at No. 3 with 16%, Channel V stood at No. 4 with 6% choice and Zing was opted by just 2%.
The study was conducted among 851 respondents between the age group of 15 to 40 years with 50% of them below the age of 25 years. Among them 62% are males and remaining 38% were females. The study highlighted the fact that 76% of the people under the age of 40 years are watching Youth Channels.
MTV was also preferred by 44% of Indian Youth as their choice of channel while watching TV and Bindass stood at second most preferred with 41% and Zoom was preferred by 29%.
Type of Content Consumed:
The study reveals the fact that 52% of Indian Youth are inclined towards Reality shows against 28% interest towards Drama. Talk Shows also attracted considerable amount of people with 10% of them opting for it, on the other hand 7% were interested in B-Town News.
Among the Popular Youth Reality attractions in the country,MTV’s SplittsVilla has been preferred by 67% and 42% of them declared it as their favorite show. While YehHaiAshiqi has seen 44% in preference index against 22% of them declared it as their favorite show. Gumrah has seen 40% in preference index with 16% declaring it as their favorite program. India’s Next Top Model has seen 31% in preference indext while again 16% opting it as their favorite program.
The study also decoded the fact that nearly 50% of the Youth wants more Reality based content while remaining half of them opting for various non-reality genre. Delving further in to their preferences the report says that 29% of the Youth want Reality shows based on Love Story. On the other hand 20% still wanted to see Singing Reality shows and 19% opting for Dance based Reality shows. It also revealed that 16% wants Crime based reality shows and 13% of them were event interested in Game shows.
Among the Drama Genre, the Youth were attracted towards Pyar Tune KyaKiya with 59% preference index and 45% favorite index. Aye Zindagi has scored 48% in preference index against just 10% in favorite index. Love Dairies has seen 41% preference index against 10% favorite index.
Youth also said a Big NO towards Drama based content for their future preferences with 76% voting against it. While they preferred Comedy, Love Story, Mystery, Adventure and Crime as their favorite Drama subjects.
The report also reveals that 46% of the Youth preferred MTV as their favorite destination for Reality shows on the other hand 41% preferred Zing for Drama Shows.