New Delhi: At the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) Board Meeting, after the 10th Annual General Meeting (AGM), the new sets of Office Bearers were elected for the year 2017-18.
The Board has elected Rajat Sharma, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief of India TV as its new President. While M.V. Shreyams Kumar, the Joint Managing Director of Mathrubhumi Group has been chosen as the Vice President of NBA.
Anurradha Prasad, the Chairperson-cum-Managing Director, News24 Broadcast India Ltd was elected as Honorary Treasurer.
Apparently, Mr. Rajat Sharma was also earlier NBA President from 2014 to 2016. The President post was vacant since July 2017 after the exit of AshishBagga, former Group CEO of India Today Group.
“I thank all members for electing me as the President of the NBA. As President, I hereby take the opportunity to reassure members that we shall walk together in bringing in more credibility and independence to the news broadcasting industry. I shall put in my best efforts to make the fraternity more accepting of our contemporaries, striving for healthy competition.”said Rajat Sharma.
The other Members on the NBA Board are:
- M.K. Anand, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer – Times Network – Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
- K.V.L. Narayan Rao, Group CEO & Executive Vice Chairperson NDTV Group – New Delhi Television Ltd.
- Rahul Joshi, CEO News & Group Editor-in-Charge, TV18 Broadcast Ltd.
- Rajiv Singh, Executive Director & COO – Zee Media Corporation Ltd.
- AvinashPandey, Chief Operating Officer – ABP News Network Pvt. Ltd.
- I. Venkat, Director, Eenadu Television Pvt. Ltd.