The Indian live entertainment industry is defined by the sheer size of the share of the Live IP business. In an industry which is going to touch Rs. 10,000 cr. in size, it would only be fair to estimate that close to 30% of the revenue comes from live event IPs.At Zee LIVE, we are glad to be part of, and contribute to, an industry that is ever-evolving and growing.
At Zee LIVE, we believe in building interesting platforms to engage with the audience. Some of our flagship IPs are Supermoon (music and comedy), Now Tasting (food), Zee Educare (education) and Arth: A Culture Fest (culture), Baleno Wicked Weekends and Maruti Suzuki Zee Theatre.
The year 2019 has been really exciting for us. Our new comic and music IP, ‘Supermoon’, was a new concept we chose to deep dive into. The platform chosen was very well received and ran to full-houses for all the shows featuring international stand-up star Russell Peters and singer-songwriter PrateekKuhad. So much so, that Russell Peters had a few follow up shows in India after six months.
While we are cherishing our success, we are also focusing on planning an even better and more extravagant 2020.
Swaroop Banerjee COO, Zee LIVE shares his key focus areas for 2020
- Creating live original content that can be amplified on multiple content platforms, including OTT, to reach audiences across borders. We are already working with our in-house OTT platform, Zee5,for this
- Zee LIVE offers great variety. In 2020, we will work towards creating live entertainment opportunities for children. We will announce a children’s festival early next year
- There is a huge potential in Tier 2 markets. Our plan for 2020 would be take our IPs to regional audiences
- At Zee LIVE, we curate live events that cater to a diverse audience. Our mission, as organisers, will be to encourage inclusivity through our live entertainment and ensure that attendees across genders feel safe and welcome
- We will also focus on making live IPs more sustainable.We have already banned single-use plastic bottles across our IPs