Mumbai: On #FathersDay 2019, BabyChakra, India’s largest pregnancy and parenting platform collaborated with over 15 large multinational corporates & start-ups such as Airtel, Flipkart, Haptik, Johnsons & Johnsons, Akkivalove, Sequoia, Linkedin, Soho House, 9 Stacks , 5000+ corporate Fathers along with 15000+ BabyChakra App Fathers for its survey for #EqualParent campaign. The campaign is curated to extend the support to father’s who play the role of a true partner at home and with their kids.
This is the first ever campaign of this scale, to bring out insights & perspectives from fathers within families & corporates. Supplementing the insights were offline panel discussions organized at corporate partners associated with this campaign including at Flipkart, HQ, Bengaluru where equal parenting and support from corporates was discussed in length by senior leadership and team members from all over the organization.
The campaign video summarizing our findings is attached here:
According to the recent report by BabyChakra
- Nearly 30% Dads have started supporting their spouse in resuming their career post baby.
- Fathers too have started to negotiate their leaves and nearly 40% Dads accommodate their child’s schedules out of choice and not compulsion.
- 36% Dads take responsibility of vaccinations; 20% Dads change diapers and clean babies;
- 30% Dads disregard gender biased roles; 40% Dads drop kids to their schools and almost 60% Dads play with their children.
- 29% Dads quit smoking and drinking, while 70% Dads decided to spend more time at home with their family.
- Cheering figures include 35% Fathers who take their kids to birthday parties; 35% Dads attend PTMs and out of the dads we have reached 70% Dads have become patient and responsible after having a baby.
As part of the digital campaign, BabyChakra interacted with it’s community & discovered some wonderful revelation of what the new age father is doing today. Here are some strong insights :
Parents at some of the top corporates shared their thoughts on being an #equalparent “Parenting can and should only be split between the father and mother. It takes two to make one” – Aakrit Vaish – Founder Haptik
Dinesh Keerthy –Associate Director-Corporate Communications, Flipkart said, “Aside from securing his kid’s future and ensuring their well-being, every Dad should connect with his child on a daily basis and be an active part of their daily routine. Each activity provides an opportunity to interact with and exchange ideas, information, thoughts and feelings. While these exchanges are important for the kid, they are equally important for the Dad”
From seeding the entire thought, Founder and CEO of BabyChakra -Naiyya Saggi said, “India as we know it has changed rapidly from joint families to nuclear families. We realised early on our app that father’s were getting deeply involved as childcare providers and decision makers . We are excited to share the findings of this survey from among probably the largest online datasets that exist on Indian families. We are also excited to be leading the conversation around Equal Parenting in India with our amazing partners and influencers who have pledged support to the campaign.”