Mumbai: India is a country of festivals and every brand wants to reach out to their target audience via a campaign to increase brand awareness and recall. Qoruz and Autumn Grey launched a report today – Key Insights to Influence Audience this Holi, basis observations of Holi 2019. They have analyzed engagement on various platforms, trending topics, wishes that dominated all platforms, a form of content that worked best, brands that could create an impact, etc. Some key takeaways mentioned in the report will help brands in planning their campaign for Holi this year and choose an engagement platform that could garner desired outcomes.
Some interesting insights from the report:
- Instagram created the highest average engagements, followed by FB & YT, which conveys that the use of images/videos has a higher impact. Twitter led in the number of posts
- Although fashion/beauty dominated social media with their frequency of posting travel received maximum engagement (a little over 80%)
- The most popular conversation topic was love, followed by friends and family, kindness and pets and movies and music
- Tier 2 and 3 cities (65%) witnessed more social media activity than Tier 1 cities (35%)
- Social Media Activity by Brands on Holi: Facebook took the lion’s share in terms of brand posting as well as engagement (likes, comments, and shares), making it an obvious platform to target audience, closely followed by Instagram
Speaking on the insights, Praanesh Bhuvaneswar, CEO, Qoruz said, “Numbers are an intrinsic part of every brand campaign and nobody understands that better than an analytics-powered company like Qoruz. With this report, we bring our raw historical numbers to life and pave the way for real impact!”
There’s Always a Raging(or Right) Time – Be a front-runner and don’t worry about the format. Videos may get more engagement, images can be produced in bigger numbers within a short span.
Make it Colorful but Keep It Personal– Design a thoughtful campaign that makes it personal for the audience and creates an emotional response.
Humanity is the Voice of the Hour– Humanity is what people crave for. Kindness to animals, plants, and humans, and the voice of love is what impacts.
Some data from last year’s observations:
- 40,000+ content pieces were created by Indian influencers covering topics around Holi
- 78.4M engagements on posts received as comments, shares, and reactions
- 9,978 influencers posted social content like images, videos, and GIFs across top platforms
- 21,222 #HappyHoli wishes were shared by influencers with followers on social media
The report also mentions some brand campaigns that worked last year, insights on some sectors, categories that saw success and hashtags that gained the highest engagement in each sector. Here is a link to download the report.