International: The One Club for Creativity has announced the diverse group of top creative leaders who will serve as jury chairs for the ADC 101st Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
This year’s jury chairs include:
- Advertising: Alexander Kalchev, CCO, DDB Paris
- Brand/Communication Design: Eddie Opara, partner, Pentagram, New York
- Experiential Design: Till Diestel, CCO, BBDO Group Germany, Berlin
- Fusion: Marc Wilson, Ph.D., EVP, executive director of Strategic Inclusion, FCB Chicago
- Illustration: Jade Purple Brown, artist, Brooklyn
- In-House: Jess Kirkman, ECD, Taco Bell, Irvine (California)
- Interactive: Menno Kluin, US CCO, dentsu Creative, New York
- Motion/Film/Gaming Craft: Leah Nelson, producer, director, cofounder, Giant Ant, Vancouver
- Packaging/Product Design: Alex Center, founder, CENTER, Brooklyn
- Photography: Ahmed Klink, photographer, director, cofounder, Sunday Afternoon, New York
- Publication Design: Nia Lawrence, creative director, Essence, New York
- Spatial Design: Carla Conte, founder, creative director, Brand Creative LLC, Dubai
- Typography: Rathna Ramanathan, Dean of Academic Strategy, Reader in Intercultural Communication of Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
The Fashion Design jury chair and full juries for all disciplines will be announced shortly.
Entries can be submitted now, with fees increasing after each deadline period. The regular deadline is January 31, 2022, with an extended deadline of February 18, 2022 and final deadline March 4, 2022. No physical entries will be accepted this year due to the ongoing pandemic, all entry media must be uploaded into the online entry system.
Judging will be conducted online, starting in March 2022, with finalists announced in May. ADC 101st Annual Awards Gold, Silver, and Bronze Cube winners will be announced during Creative Week in May 2022.
Tiered pricing, special awards
A special tiered pricing structure makes it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate in the ADC 101st Annual Awards. Larger agencies and brands pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline), and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
Other highlights of ADC 101st Annual Awards:
- Continued partnership with creative community Working Not Working on content collaborations, as well as the special Freelancer of the Year award.
- ADC Members’ Choice Award, where freelance members of both The One Club and Working Not Working are invited to cast votes for their favorite entry amongst the year’s top-scoring works in all ADC Design disciplines.
- ADC Fusion Cube, the advertising and design industry’s first global initiative to recognize great work that best incorporates underrepresented groups in both creative content and the team that made it.
- Reduced pricing for personal/unpublished work in Fashion Design, Illustration, Motion/Film/Gaming Craft, Photography, and Typography.
The One Club awards show each has their distinct focus: ADC Annual Awards juries look to champion excellence in craft, design, and innovation, while The One Show judges focus on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
Unlike for-profit awards shows, The One Club is a non-profit organization that puts revenue generated from awards entries back into the industry in the form of programs under its four pillars: Educations, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality, and Professional Development.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design, and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards are the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honoring excellence in craft, design, and innovation. Creative Week takes place in May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.