Mumbai: Universal Music Group South Asia today announced that Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director & CEO, South Asia has been named as a member of the high profile selection committee for Midem’s annual Artist Accelerator Programme.
Midem, a leading international business event for the music ecosystem hosted in Cannes, France, June 6 – 9, recently announced 2017’s committee of distinguished experts for the programme that includes executives such as Rob Hallet, founder of Robomagic (UK), Christopher Kaskie, President of Pitchfork (USA) and RennethTshisikule, the founder and director of The Independent Music Exporters South Africa (IMEXSA), amongst others. The programme is designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally.
Part of the Midem conference, the Artist Accelerator Programme affords a dynamic opportunity to promote nine upcoming international artists carefully selected by the committee. It features a range of curated networking opportunities, as well as learning and coaching sessions with key music industry leaders around the world. The nine finalists will also have the chance to perform live at Midem and have a song featured in Midem’s audio-visual communications, as well as placement on the official Midem 2017 compilation vinyl.
Of the appointment, Sanyal said: “I’m extremely proud to be part of the committee for the 2017 Midem Artist Accelerator Programme. In India and around the world, the music industry is immensely vibrant, just phenomenally creative and innovative at present and I’m thrilled that remarkable artists all corners can participate in this programme and get a chance to showcase their talent on a platform as prominent as Midem.”
The 2017 Midem Artist Accelerator Committee are:
- Christian Bernhardt, Agent, United Talent Agency (USA)
- Willy Ehmann, SVP Domestic GSA, Sony Music Entertainment (Germany);
- Rob Hallett, Founder, Robomagic (UK);
- Christopher Kaskie, President, Pitchfork (USA);
- Yoon-Young Kong (Dalse), Founder & Executive Producer, Zandari Culture Company (South Korea);
- Patrik Larsson, A&R and Label Manager, Playground Music Scandinavia (Sweden);
- Laurence Muller, Founder & Managing Director, Snoot (France);
- Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director & CEO, Universal Music Group South Asia / EMI Music South Asia / Enchanted Valley Carnival (India);
- RennethTshisikule, Founder & Director, The Independent Music Exporters (South Africa);