Mumbai: WaveMaker mesh – real-time marketing command centre analyzed the overall social media activies of VIVO IPL 2019 and curated a report on various aspects such as Event unfolding, Top Teams ,Top Players,Advertisers leaderboard and Most viral IPL ads on Social Media.
Overall estimated reach of Social media buzz in IPL 2019 is 20 Mn which is more than twice the reach garnered in the previous year . In little over three weeks, IPL 2019 has already generated more buzz than the whole of IPL 2017.
Talking about the most buzziest advertisers , Title Sponsor Vivo emerged as the buzziest brand this IPL till now followed by Vodafone in 2nd place . vivo’s #PerfectFan contest (Winners stood a chance to win match tickets every day) was the other campaign driving its audience activity.
FANtastic Breaks contest by vodafone helped the brand garner over 300k comments on Facebook .Official Broadcaster of IPL 2019 Star sports managed to settle at third place in overall social media buzz . Star Sports launched two campaigns in association with IPL 2019 namely #GameBanayegaName and #SelectDugOut . The high frequency of brand’s content such as regular match updates pushed the overall buzz.
Coming to the most liked and shared content in this IPL season , Zoozoos love helped Vodafone remain as the most loved brand on social media, with highest likes and shares for the brand across social media platforms followed by starsports in 2nd spot. Hotstar’s #KoiYaarNahiFar campaign which encouraged people to connect with family & friends over cricket,helped them to position themselves in the third place in this list
CSK topped the Social team leadership board with 1.9 Mn reach followed by RCB and MI with 1.6 Mn and 1.2Mn reach. RCB’s Virat kohli got the maximum mentions and reached numero uno position in social player leadership board with 501k Mentions.
CSK’s hashtags #WhistlePodu and #Yellove were the most popular hashtags used by fans on social media . Three out of the Top ten most chanted Team hashtags belonged to Mumbai Indians . It is no surprise that men continued to dominate IPL conversation compared to women this IPL season. Most talked teams in IPL 2019 are CSK, RCB, MI and KKR .
Few key highlights witnessed in this IPL season are:
- IPL 2019 has already created more buzz than the entire IPL 2017 season
- The buzz increased whenever CSK or RCB played
- CSK has emerged as buzziest Team this IPL season. They are also holding the number 1 spot on ranking this season.
- This season, RCB rang the buzz meter whenever they played for the poor performance of team.
- RCB’s captain, Virat Kohli, was the most mentioned player followed by CSK captain MS Dhoni. Three players from CSK appeared in the social player leaderboard
- Driven by #VivoIPL and #PerfectFan conversations, title sponsor Vivo was the buzziest brand
- Vodafone’s content featuring Zoozoos was the most loved (in terms of Likes and Shares)