Mumbai: Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN), the official broadcaster of the VIVO IPL has drawn significant audience from the rural markets in its 10th season witnessing 59% growth over last year. The VIVO IPL 2017 matches are being broadcast on Sony MAX, Sony SIX and Sony ESPN.
Key highlights for Week 3:
- VIVO IPL 2017’s soaring growth story is well supported by the rural markets contributing 46% of the viewership vis-à-vis 38% in 2016.
- The tournament enjoys higher engagement in rural markets with 69 minutes’ average time spent per viewer vis-à-vis 48 minutes last year.
- The tournament’s viewership has seen a 34% growth at 23.2 million average impressions over last year’s 17.3 million average impressions after 23 matches.
- VIVO IPL 2017 continues to grow and has achieved a cumulative reach of 339 million in the 3rd week of the tournament as compared to last year’s reach of 289 million.
- Sony MAX continues to be the Number 1 television channel with a 16% growth over the number 2 channel in India and an impressive 92% growth over the no. 2 channel in HSM.