New Delhi: Indiamart Intermesh Ltd., today announced its partnership with the Bengaluru based outdoor gear brand Wildcraft India Pvt Ltd. to engage the services of its platform to target potential customers for its new line of SupermaskTM and PPE kits. The firm, in April, forayed into the Personal Protective Gear (PPG) segment by launching the re-usable respirators and PPE Kits amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.
IndiaMART, the largest B2B online marketplace in the country with over 100 million registered users would significantly strengthen the reach and visibility of Wildcraft’s reusable SupermaskTM and PPE Kits. In the last six months, IndiaMART has witnessed a substantial traffic growth in the personal protective gear category due to the pandemic and has become the go-to place for selling PPG products for major brands like Wildcraft India Pvt. Ltd.
Speaking on this partnership, Gaurav Dublish Co-Founder, Wildcraft India said, “Over the last few months, Wildcraft has had an opportunity to serve the nation and its citizens with its world-class PPG products meant to keep civilians, and frontline fighters protected in the long run. The partnership with IndiaMART allows us to leverage their platform to further expand our footprint in some of the remotest regions of the country. Through this B2B platform, we look forward to providing opportunities for employment to retailers and distributors in difficult times like these.”
IndiaMART exploits the latest technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics to leverage the robust behavioral matchmaking that connects suppliers with relevant buyers and vice versa, this helps businesses to scale up and offers increased exposure on India’s largest online marketplace.
Speaking on this development, Dinesh Gulati, COO, Indiamart Intermesh Ltd., said, “During this pandemic, we’ve tried to serve not only the businesses but also the nation at large by ensuring that all COVID related products are available on our platform. Besides having businesses providing products like surgical masks, PPE kits, and ventilators/BiPAP/cPAP machines, we’ve also brought in unique COVID products like nano mist sprayer, coronavirus stickers, and posters, foot door opener, car partition, coronavirus incubation box, sneeze guard, mobile sanitizer and others. IndiaMART has witnessed an incremental surge in inquiries for these products, like inquiries for nano mint sprayer and mobile sanitizer shot up by 31 and 11 times respectively in the month of June 2020 if compared with the inquiries they generated in April 2020. This shows there was a demand for these products and IndiaMART as a platform ensured their easy availability.”
He further added, “Online channels have surfaced as an easy and a cost-effective medium for businesses during the present times, and with this increasing digitization, enterprises have also started realizing the power of a digital platform as a demand generation channel and as a chief enabler for their businesses. IndiaMART not only aims at digitally enabling the brands but also strives to increase their visibility and reach even in the remotest parts of the country through a tech-enabled easy platform. Today, many leading brands across industries are leveraging IndiaMART and are exploring the digital way of doing business.”
IndiaMART is a pioneer in the B2B digital e-commerce with over 60% market share in the segment and provides an enabling marketplace for buyers and sellers to expand their reach and penetration. Today, IndiaMART has a registered user base of over 100 million, the largest in the B2B e-commerce market segment in India. Presently, 35% of the traffic on IndiaMART comes from the metro cities and the remaining 65% from tier 1, tier 2, and smaller towns.
Enterprises are utilizing the digital mediums for generating leads backed with insights into the consumer mindscape. IndiaMART provides a significant understanding of the way people are engaging online for inquiries, purchase decision making, and sales. More than 350 leading brands across major industries like Healthcare, Construction Equipment, Farm Equipment, Hand and Power tools, Commercial Vehicles, etc, are executing plans to generate incremental business growth through IndiaMART.