Mumbai: The 13th Gemfields Retail Jeweller India Awards 2017 (RJIA), in association with Platinum Guild International, Solitaire Gemological Laboratories (SGL) and Hari Krishna Exports are recognized as the Oscars of India’s retail jewellery industry. The Grand Finale of RJIA 2017 was held on 29thJuly 2017 at The Grand Hyatt in Santacruz.
Hosted by the charming Neha Sareen, the Grand Finale was an exciting affair graced by celebrated personalities from the Bollywood and cultural fraternities. Present at the event were Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Hard Kaur, Richa Chadda, Ruhi Singh, Sangeeta Bijlani, Sarah-Jane Dias, Sayani Gupta and ShamaSikandar.
Since its inception, the Retail Jeweller India Awards has grown into the most coveted. most prestigious prize for talent in the Indian retail jewellery industry. The RJIA platform is a peerless showcase for the creative genius of India’s leading jewellery houses. This year there were more than 1,000 entries from across the country. After two rigorous rounds of judging, 90 designs made it as the final nominations.
“This award is the only event in this industry that actually sets the benchmarks in design, innovation and trendsetting,” said Soma Bhatta, editor, the Retail Jeweller. “Over the years we have witnessed an incredible change in the calibre of jewellery in India. There has been a great surge in innovative and cutting-edge designs. The Retail Jeweller India Awards does more than simply appreciate brilliant design and creation — we celebrate and honour them.”
A distinctive feature of the Retail Jeweller India Awards is our Grand Jury. This team of exceptional individuals, each of whom is acknowledged for their outstanding achievements in the creative enterprises, is an integral part of the RJIA selection process. This year the Grand Jury included Namrata Baruwa Shroff, Nandita Mahtani, Nawaz Gautam Singhania, Sangeeta Bijlani, Schauna Chauhan Saluja and Shaziya Khan.
The celebrity guests and Grand Jurors walked the red carpet in stunning jewellery pieces featuring diamonds, rubies and emeralds. This was a fitting start to a glittering evening dedicated to marking the pinnacles of achievement in this industry.
“Year after year, the Retail Jeweller India Awards set the benchmarks,” says Rupak Sen, sales & marketing director–Asia, Gemfields. “We have seen a notable growth in the quality of participation. It is overwhelming to see the level of design and craftsmanship that goes into creating these exquisite pieces. Gemfields believes in promoting and appreciating exceptional talent. Our association with the Retail Jeweller India Awards allows us to do this, in the best possible way.”
“I truly appreciate the designs that have won today. They represent the future of the Indian gems and jewellery industry,” says Ghanshyam Dholakia, founder & managing director, Hari Krishna Group. “Through these designs, I feel we are on the right track. As Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, ‘Design in India’ should now be promoted. We are proud to be associated with the 13th Gemfields Retail Jeweller India Awards 2017, because it showcases creativity and raises our industry to a higher level.”
Speaking about this event, Vaishali Banerjee, MD, India at Platinum Guild International, said: “It is my pleasure to be associated with the 13th Gemfields Retail Jeweller India Awards 2017 (RJIA). The objective behind RJIA 2017 is to reward the best jewellery designs India’s gem and jewellery industry. I congratulate all the winners and their teams for their achievements”.
Winners of the 12th Gemfields Retail Jeweller India Awards 2016
- Diamond Jewellery of the Year – A. S. Motiwala
- Diamond VivahJewellery of the Year – Hazoorilal Legacy
- Gold Jewellery of the Year – Mirari&Tikamdas Motiram
- Gold VivahJewellery of the Year – Mehta Emporium
- Couture Jewellery of the Year– BirdhichandGhanshyamdasJewellers
- Coloured Gemstone Jewellery of the Year– Charu Jewels
- Innovative Jewellery of the Year– Reliance Jewels
- Heritage Jewellery of the Year– Khurana Jewellery House &DwarkadasChandumalJwellers
- Platinum Jewellery of the Year– Narayan Jewelers by Ketan &JatinChoksi
- Best Accessory of the Year– SawansukhaJewellers
- Coloured Gemstone VivahJewellery of the Year–Mahesh NotandasJewellers&Paulomi Sanghvi Couture Jewellery
- Precious Coloured Gemstone Jewellery of the Year– Orra Fine Jewellery
- 9-to-5 Workwear Jewellery of the Year– C.Krishniah ChettyJewellers
- Modular Jewellery of the Year–Kirtilals
- Revival Style Design of the Year– SonaChandis
- Men’s Jewellery of the Year – MalliramJewellers
- Jewellery Buff’s Choice Award–Vivah– Narayan Jewelers by Ketan &JatinChoksi
Retail & marketing categories
- Print Campaign of the Year– SawansukhaJewellers& Sham Jewellers
- TV Campaign of the Year– Malabar Gold & Diamonds
- Retail Promotion of the Year– Prince Jewellers
- Social Media Campaign of the Year– P. N. GadgilJewellers…PNG
Lifetime Achievement in Retail: Dinesh Khimji and Kishore Khimji of KhimjiJewellers
Lifetime Achievement in Manufacturing: Piyush Kothari of Jewelex
Special Contribution to the Jewellery Industry: M P Ahammed of Malabar Gold & Diamonds
Global Indian Jeweller of the year: Harshad Mehta of 7Cs