New Delhi: Great Learning, a part of BYJU’S group and a leading global edtech company for professional and higher education, has registered a 5x growth in learners for Great Learning Academy (GLA) ⎼ its online repository of free courses. Launched at the beginning of the pandemic last year, Great Learning Academy provides free online certificates for students and working professionals to develop career critical skills relevant in the digital age and has upskilled 2 million learners till date. The economic uncertainty induced by the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly contributed to the surge in demand for digital skilling, upskilling and professional learning in India. This 5x growth in learners on the GLA platform is a reflection of the need to keep pace with automation, changing requirements and the unseen jobs of tomorrow. As campus placements took a hit due to Covid 19, the company, five months ago, also introduced CareerBoost, a job readiness product under GLA that provides holistic career support to college students and freshers and allows them to take assessment tests, prepare for interviews and apply for jobs in top companies.
Great Learning Academy offers 750+ free courses in English and Hindi across various domains such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IT & Software, Cloud Computing, Marketing & Finance, Digital Marketing, Interview Preparation, Sales, BD and much more. While 45% of the users were college students from India, the remaining 55% were early and experienced working professionals from across the globe. The platform has seen more than 4.3 million enrollments into courses. Introduction to Digital Marketing, Data Science Foundations, Java Programming, Excel for Beginners, Smart English for Professionals, Python for Machine Learning and Front-end Development are some of the most popular courses and are witnessing demand globally from countries including India, US, Canada, Bangladesh and more.
With the launch of CareerBoost, freshers from India are now able to obtain career transitions by accessing comprehensive career support and relevant job and internship listings. Since the launch, more than 300 companies like TCS, Dell, Ugam, Tech Mahindra, IndiaMart, Informatica, Lead Squared etc. have utilized this platform to hire new talent across roles such as ASE, Software Engineer, Dotnet Developer, Product Engineer, Security Analyst etc. They also get a chance to explore relevant options suiting their profiles from over 10,000 jobs posted on GLA.
“The accelerated adoption of digital technologies by organizations across sectors led to a major disruption in the job economy during the pandemic. Students who worked very hard for their degrees were now at cross roads with regards to whether or not they would be able to put their knowledge to practical use. We started Great Learning Academy to provide opportunities to students, fresh graduates and professionals to develop these career critical digital skills. The phenomenal rise in the number of learners is a clear indication that people are willing to invest to future-proof their skill sets and keep up with changing technology and industry requirements. As we started to witness an increase in the number of learners on GLA, we also started working towards making it a holistic one-stop solution for freshers as well. We then launched CareerBoost in order to help organizations find skilled talents and freshers to find the perfect job that fits their profile.” said Hari Krishnan Nair, Co-founder, Great Learning.
With the growing digital economy, the company plans to create a wider impact on the career trajectory of learners regardless of the economic situation to make an industry-ready Indian workforce.