Businesses around the world are coming to the front to fight climate change. It is estimated that by 2050, there shall be net-zero emissions. In 2019, the pledge has risen from 16% to 70% to net zero emissions. In the Bloomberg survey, the largest tech companies are incorporating immediate actions for the climate change dilemma. 43% of the world’s 632 companies have net-zero emissions commitments but two-thirds have failed to achieve such commitments due to their inconsistent and uncertain efforts. Further, Cognizant study shows that Companies are improving their ESG Compliance (Environmental, Social and Governance compliance). On the other hand, Mckinsey’s study shows that companies with high ESG ratings have a low cost of debt and equity. Yet their net zero pledge remains in a dilemma. Brands, tech companies have a great impact to achieve net zero emissions. Check out the ways they can work to achieve the pledge:
1. Make investments in the Climate change issue: Brands can make investments in Climate change initiatives to reduce emissions. This will give long-term benefits. This will clear the way & will encourage other companies to contribute to the process.
2. Introduce Sustainable Development: Brands can encourage their work domain to achieve Sustainable Development goals. They can educate and make people aware of Sustainable Development. They can start by ensuring sustainability is well understood with all the processes, implementing auditing programs, acting more sustainably, etc. 77% of people said that environmental sensors are critical to sustainability.
3. Aware people adopting low-carbon lifestyle: Businesses can make people aware of the effects of climate change. With economic development, our environment is posed with high threats, degrading the environment, natural resource scarcity and much more. Brands can make some generalisations about plastic recycling, making people aware of less carbon footprint.
4. Fulfil Net-zero emissions pledge: Net-zero emissions are the need of the hour. This is a pledge that needs the attention of the world population. Brands can incorporate changes in their day-to-day lifestyles, working, etc. They have to ensure to keep their net-zero customer base intact.
5. Ascertain the processes to use green tech to achieve net-zero emissions: The existential point is to ascertain the processes used in the process. Check the emissions review for the previous year. Use GHG accounting and reporting standards to work on it. This will give a push to fulfil the objective.
6. Using Renewable Energy: Brands can use renewable energy in their processes. The use of solar energy, wind turbines, geothermal wells, etc. can reduce the carbon footprint and helps in the process.
7. Using Electric Vehicles: Brands can use electric vehicles & reduce the use of fossil fuels. The choice is competently smarter for net zero emissions. It helps in meeting global sustainability goals & gives a promising message to the world.
8. Preserve Wildlife and forests: There should be a sticking balance between distinct varieties of biodiversity. Green tech must be aware of people to preserve wildlife and meet forest needs. Using fauna & flora imprints taking into consideration the effects on the environment.
In the end, Brands must take green initiatives which help in the climate change fight & achieving the net-zero carbon emission pledge. They must take part in sustainability issues, and promote environmentally friendly ways of maintaining corporate life, production, supply chain, etc. They can go to mass plantation drives on their work days & join hands with other companies in achieving long-term goals. The key to a goal is change. They can maintain such practices that help in net-zero emissions. Using a customer sustainable path in the process, and making them aware of the effects can go a long way.
(Views expressed are personal. ‘Think Through’ features perspectives of authors or entities that are not curated or edited by MediaNews4u.com. Content may be sponsored by the contributing organisations.)