Bengaluru: LinkedIn has announced the launch of LinkedIn Salary in India, a definitive resource for job salary data. Where compensation is a crucial motivating factor for any professional to decide the next career move, this tool will enable job-seekers to make more informed career choices. The tool draws on data from the network’s 53+ million members in India, to provide an in-depth view of salaries across professions.
Professionals will now be able to gather deep insights into the compensation landscape, including bonus and equity data for specific job titles along with the different factors that impact pay such as years of experience, industry, company size, location, and education level, and in turn make more informed career decisions.
Speaking on the launch, Ajay Datta, Head of Product – India, LinkedIn, said, “At LinkedIn, we are always helping our members make informed decisions about their career to help them get closer to their dream job. In India’s competitive jobs market, LinkedIn Salary will help create salary transparency and empower our members with reliable data on what companies are paying today, what kind of compensation packages to expect, and how salaries vary as per industries and educational qualifications. This will help professionals, including students and career starters, negotiate better salaries and optimise their earning potential. As the tool gathers momentum in India, it will offer more actionable insights to our members.”
Free members can access the complete LinkedIn Salary experience by contributing their salary data; LinkedIn Premium members will be able to access LinkedIn Salary without the need to contribute their salary information.
Here is how LinkedIn Salary will help members make more informed career decisions:
- Get the full picture: For a given job title, LinkedIn Salary will show a detailed distribution of base salary and annual bonus.
- See top paying locations: The tool will show what locations pay the most for specific jobs, and the number of job openings available.
- See which industries pay the most: There are several opportunities that are impacted by industry.
- See salaries for the top companies: Members will be able to learn about job openings and compensation for companies they are interested in by “Following” the Company Page.
- Understand how company size affects pay: LinkedIn Salary will also show how pay differs for job titles depending on company size.
- Understand which educational requirements matter: Members can now assess the benefits of a master’s degree v/s a bachelor’s degree, while planning an advance education.
Previewing LinkedIn Salary in India, the tool reveals highest paid regions and industries in India:
Bengaluru emerged as the highest paying region, followed by the country’s commercial capital Mumbai and ranked at #3 is NCR (comprising New Delhi, Gurugram and Noida).
In sync with India’s digital transformation, Hardware & Networking and Software & IT Services emerged as the top two highest paying industries, with Consumer Goods, Healthcare, and Finance rounding up the top five spots.
The tool indicates that some of the highest paying titles in the county, at present and based on current member submissions are Director of Engineering, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director, Vice President Sales, Senior Program Manager.
Rank Top 5 Highest Paid Regions
#1 Bengaluru Area, India
#2 Mumbai Area, India
#3 National Capital Region (includes New Delhi, Gurugram, & Noida)
#4 Hyderabad Area, India
#5 Chennai Area, India
Rank Top 10 Highest Paid Industries
#1 Hardware & Networking
#2 Software & IT Services
#3 Consumer Goods
#4 Health Care
#6 Corporate Services
#9 Real Estate
#10 Media & Communications