Mumbai: Creating a platform for the rise of beauty content creators in India, L’Oréal Paris, and YouTube announced the winners of NextUp For Beauty Creators 2020.
The twelve winners, selected for their unique take on beauty in today’s world, will now participate in a five-day Creator Camp by YouTube where they will enhance their skills and learn to create superior engaging content for beauty lovers in India.
Commenting on the collaboration Pau Gruart, General Manager L’Oréal Paris India said, “With beauty at the helm of content creation, L’Oréal Paris in this partnership with YouTube NextUp has created a platform for emerging beauty bloggers of the country. The foundation laid by YouTube is the perfect platform for such growing talent, giving rise to a completely new set of influencers, with beauty at the forefront. We are extremely proud of our winners and encourage them to take this learning and create content that keeps their followers consistently engaged because they’re worth it!”
“I am incredibly excited about the winners of the first edition of NextUp for Beauty Creators in India. We have a class mix that truly represents diverse perspectives on beauty, consistent with the inclusivity that YouTube stands for,” said Satya Raghavan, Director, YouTube Content Partnerships, India. “It’s been a pleasure to partner with L’Oréal Paris, a brand that echoes the same creative values as ours. Through this collaborative effort, we aim to bring to light a talented pool of YouTube creators who will redefine beauty in India,” he added.
The L’Oréal Paris x YouTube NextUp 2020 Winners:
- Latika Sehgal: a singer who stands for wearable fashion and honest beauty
- Himadri Patel: holds community building at the heart of her beauty content
- StyleMeUpWithSakshi: Sakshi is a model that is all about body confidence and inclusivity!
- Sarah Sarosh: a beauty guru (and a doctor-in-training!) who focuses on Indian skin tones
- Shruti Amin: detail-oriented beauty reviews have helped her create a loyal audience
- JoyGeeks: Aparna is a wellness guru who emphasizes on beauty inside out!
- CoffeeTableTalks Tamil Beauty: Umadevi brings skin positivity and beauty tips to Tamil-speaking audiences
- Meghna Verghese: a lifestyle creator with a love for budget beauty
- Angelina Pongener: is a fashionista who takes style notes from Harajuku, Cosplay and Gaming
- Rachna Jintaa: a skincare enthusiast who specially focuses on beauty for middle-aged women
- Suma Amujuri: Suma is a curly hair expert with her own product line, who creates content in Telugu!
- Lilmissgurung: Shraddha’s passion for sustainability sets her apart
The twelve winners are enthusiastic and artistically driven women, ranging from a stock analyst-turned-blogger to a medical student whose passion for makeup and beauty knows no end; with a variety of personal styles, aesthetics and each bringing a unique look and feel to their content.
The winners will now have a chance to meet professionals at the NextUp Creator Camp for a series of masterclasses and expert sessions to help them develop a deeper understanding of the category and drive richer conversations with their communities on YouTube.