Ogilvy Mumbai launches new film for Star Plus is a tribute to all progressive thinking dads and their daughters as part of Nayi Soch campaign.
Mumbai: The latest film created by Ogilvy Mumbai for Star Plus is a tribute to all the dads and their daughters who have been beacons of change for others in society.
The film features Gurdeep Singh, a sweet shop owner in a small town. When a customer notices that business is booming, he praises Gurdeep Singh. In all modesty, Gurdeep attributes the success to his children who have taken the business online. Now the customer takes it for granted that the children are boys, so he is surprised to see two young girls supervising the delivery of online orders. But the bigger surprise is when the customer walks outside the shop and sees the changed signboard.
The film ends with the thought-provoking line, “Kaamyabinaladkadekhtihainaladki. Kaamyabisirfsochdekhtihai.” (Progress does not distinguish between girls and boys. It’s the thinking that matters.) This progressive thinking is what ‘NayiSoch’ is all about.
Aamir Khan, post Dangal, is ideally suited to play the role of Gurdeep Singh. He brings empathy and credibility to the role of a father whose progressive thinking gives his daughters the freedom to flourish.
Indian women of today have proven that there is no sphere they cannot excel in. But many more would realise their potential if they were not shackled by the gender biases of patriarchal society.
Sumanto Chattopadhyay, Executive Creative Director, South Asia, Ogilvy said, “This film tells a simple, sweet and yet powerful story of the happy result of a newer way of thinking. It’s a tribute to the women who succeed and to the men whose progressive thinking makes them stand by, and not in the way of, women realising their potential”.
Star Plus, through its content and messaging, believes in promoting conversations around ‘NayiSoch’ or progressive thinking in society, especially regarding the role of women. As a brand it stands for fresh perspectives that inspire and enable women to influence and impact their world.
- Client: Star India
- Brand: Star Plus
- Agency: OgilvyMumbai
- Ogilvy Creative Team
- Piyush Pandey – Executive Chairman & Creative Director, South Asia
- Sumanto Chattopadhyay – Executive Creative Director, South Asia
- Abhijit Karandikar – Group Creative Director
- Jyotsna Parikh – Senior Creative Director
- Nishigandh Dhende – Creative Director
- Dharini Pradhan – Associate Creative Director
- Harshada Menon – Creative Controller
- TusharWaghmare – Sr. Art Director
Ogilvy Account Management Team
- Walter Noronha – Sr. Vice President
- Liron Samson – Management Supervisor
- Jeremy Pimenta- Group Account Manager
- Sayeli Patil – Senior Account Executive
Ogilvy Account Planning Team
- Khushnuma Daruwala – Senior Vice President-Planning
- Heena Mordani – Group Head-Planning
Production House – OpticusInc
- Director – Nitesh Tiwari
- Producer – Varun Shetty