Mumbai: The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design, and The 3% Movement, the advertising industry’s leading voice for gender equality and diversity overall, today announced the 10 winners of their joint Next Creative Leaders global awards program for 2018 at this year’s 3% Conference in Chicago.
Gayatri Sriram, the Digital Creative Head of FCBUlka, New Delhi was the only Indian featuring among the top 10 Women leaders.
“Being recognized in this way reaffirms that I’m on the right path, that I am making the right decisions and that there is a place for me at the table. I’m also excited about the opportunities it will open for me to grow professionally, through networking, collaboration and accessing the best minds in the industry” said Gayatri.
GayatriSriram was also one among the participants of ‘Cannes Lions 2018 See It Be It’ Programme.
Developed collaboratively by the organizations in 2015, Next Creative Leaders identifies and celebrates talented creative women who are making their mark with both great work and a workplace perspective on diversity that helps change the industry for the better. While most of the 2018 honorees currently work in the US, the program has a strong global element with three winners located outside the US and half of this year’s winners originally from other countries.
Next Creative Leaders for 2018 are:
- Nedal Ahmed, copywriter, Droga5, New York, NY, USA
- Lama Bawadi, copywriter, Leo Burnett, Beirut, Lebanon
- Maddy Kramer, art director, Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, NY, USA
- Julie Matheny, associate creative director, Droga5, New York, NY, USA
- Mietta McFarlane, copywriter, Droga5, New York, NY, USA (originally from Sydney, Australia)
- Krystle Mullin, associate creative director, RPA, Santa Monica, CA, USA (originally from Toronto, ON, Canada)
- EvelinaRönnung, art director, Forsman&Bodenfors, Stockholm, Sweden
- Jessica Shriftman, art director, Wieden+Kennedy, New York, NY, USA
- GayatriSriram, digital creative head, FCBUlka, New Delhi, India
- Lizzie Wilson, associate creative director, McCann New York, NY, USA
“The One Club for Creativity has a long-standing commitment to providing programming that helps solve the industry’s diversity problem as opposed to just talking about it,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club.“We created our own Inclusion & Diversity Department nearly a decade ago, and are proud to support programs like Next Creative Leaders that identify, elevate and give voice to those who are making a real difference. They are the ones who are opening the door and inspiring the next generation of women who follow in their footsteps.”
“I’m proud of the level of talent and spirit embodied by this year’s Next Creative Leaders and their contribution to the industry,” Kat Gordon, founder, The 3% Movement.“Half of our winners are originally from outside the US, making this a true global showcase of diversity, advocacy and opportunity for people of every ethnicity.”
Next Creative Leaders entrants were judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring and advocacy. Winners were selected by a jury of 42 top creatives, including past Next Creative Leaders winners.