Mumbai: English News Broadcasting space in the country is witnessing unusually high activity ever since the entry of Republic TV. While, everyone is fighting for their share of eyeballs in both broadcast and digital media, the battle between the Market topper Times NOW and new entrant Republic TV is aggressive and intense.
With the viewership data in broadcast medium is set to release tomorrow that will reveal the numbers of the launch day (Super Saturday) and the first week performance of Republic TV. Opalina Technologies, the specialist in digital analytics and allied services has revealed its comparison report on Twitter handle performance of Times NOW and Republic TV that delves the level of engagement and response of the audience.
The highlights of the report reveals:
- Republic’s twitter handle has just 3% of followers of compared to Times Now.
- Times NOW has 7.4 Milllion followers whereas Republic has 241k followers.
- With 3% follower base, Republic has generated roughly 3X more tweets in terms of aggregated volume.
- Considering the average tweet activity per person (for on air hashtags), Republic for the period of May 6th to May 12th is at 1.21 tweets per follower.
- Times NOW has generated 86k hashtags,which translates to .01 tweets per follower.
- This translates to 9300% higher level of activity for Republic’s twitter account per follower than that of Times NOW’s twitter account.
Speaking on the twitter analytics Mr. Gaurav Sharma of Opalina said, “The metrics for Republic TV on Twitter indicate of an engagement level that is unprecedented In the industry. With just 3% of the follower base compared to competition, Republic TV has generated 3X the volume for On Air hashtags. This pattern suggests of an interactive follower base that likes to keep the conversation alive well past the On Air time slot.”