Mumbai: Discovery Communications India’s (DCIN) recently launched video destination ‘Discovery Plus’ on DailyHunt app and it has received a staggering 250 million views in less than 7 weeks reaching out to an impressive 9 million plus unique users.
Interestingly, Science and Adventure led content dominated most the consumption contributing 75% of the views. The consumption happened across India with views being streamed from 90% of the pin codes in the country. The traction garnered by regional languages is noteworthy too – Bengali, Tamil and Telugu languages contributed 40% to the pie while English and Hindi contributed the remaining 60%.
“Within first two months of the launch, it is heartening to note that Discovery Plus is emerging as a credible video destination for passionate enthusiasts looking for real-life stories that inspire, inform and entertain,” said, Megha Tata, Managing Director – South Asia, Discovery Communications India. “The numbers are a testimony to the unexplored potential on digital media for the differentiated content offered by Discovery. The advertising community too has appreciated the safe environment as well as the ability of Discovery Plus to target passionate communities at scale.”
Umang Bedi, President, Dailyhunt, said, “Dailyhunt has always supported original content and believed that our consumers are always looking for insightful, thought-provoking content such as that of Discovery Plus. These numbers are proof and go a long way in proving Dailyhunt’s reach across geographies and provide an insight into the consumer mindset that is skewed towards quality content”.
DCIN launched Discovery Plus as an exclusive video destination on March 8th on the home page of Dailyhunt App offering exhilarating short form video content especially customized for the digital audiences in India. The content across Discovery’s strong verticals of Outdoor, Food, Wildlife, Science and Military is available in five languages namely English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu and Bengali. DCIN refreshes videos, ranging from 1-5 minutes, daily to engage with the thrill-seeking superfans community.