Leading industry professionals from a wide range of businesses, sectors and countries make up the Effective Content Strategy jury of the WARC Awards 2018– a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
The 12-strong jury includes Lionel Benbassat, MD of independent creative boutique network Fred & Farid and former Marketing and Product Director at Eurostar; Michael Davidson, Associate Partner and Head of Strategy of independent advertising agency Venables Bell & Partners; and multi award-winner Nick Kendall, Founding Partner of Broken, Electric Glue and The Garage Soho.
The Effective Content Strategy jurywill look for evidence of how a content strategy – as opposed to a traditional advertising strategy – has helped a brand achieve business goals.
Jury chair John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager of AccuWeather Network, commented on his up-coming role: “It is an honour and a privilege to judge this prestigious competition in the company of such industry talent and trend setters. I look forward to helping to identify the next generation of effective advertisers who use innovative content to establish, promote and extend their brand.”
The WARC Awards 2018 – Effective Content Strategy jury is:
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager, AccuWeather Network – Jury Chair
- Lionel Benbassat, Managing Director, Fred&Farid
- Michael Davidson, Associate Partner & Head of Strategy, Venables Bell & Partners
- Aliya Hasan, Head of Strategy, Vizeum Australia
- Jennifer McBride, Director of Digital& Innovation, JWT New York
- Nick Kendall, Founding Partner, Broken, Electric Glue and The Garage Soho
- Lindsay Landy, Planning Director, Ogilvy
- Bronwen Morgan, Head of Content, Flamingo
- Mylene Ong, Head of Strategy, Colenso BBDO
- Lennie Stern, Head of Creative and Entertainment Strategies, BETC Paris
- Dean Taylor, Director of Creative Strategy, Momentum
- My Troedssen, Planner, Forsman & Bodenfors
The WARC Awards are free to enter and are open to submissions from any country and communications discipline. Case study papers can be entered into four categories: Effective Content Strategy, Effective Innovation, Effective Use of Brand Purpose and Effective Social Strategy.
In addition to the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze awards, the jury will select three Special Awardshonouring particular areas of excellence. For the Effective Content Strategy category they are: Long-Term Idea Award, Best Multiplatform Award and Smart Spender Award. The top winners across all four categories will share a $40,000 prize fund.