Mumbai: Campaigns for Nike in China, Skittles in the US, Corona in Australia, and The Economist in the UK are among the 20 shortlisted papers in the Effective Channel Integration category of the WARC Media Awards 2019.
Organised annually by WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, this international awards scheme recognises communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results and examines the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective media investment.
Looking at how sophisticated communications architecture helped boost campaign effectiveness, the Effective Channel Integration category is currently being judged by an international panel of media planning experts, chaired by Americo Campos Silva, Global Head of Integrated Brand, Shell.
The shortlist is made up of a wide range of sectors, including food, household & domestic, media & publishing, pharma & healthcare and retail. The Asia-Pacific region dominates the shortlist with 12 papers, followed by the Americas and EMEA with four each.
Shortlisted for the Effective Channel Integration category, WARC Media Awards 2019, are:
- Wave of Waste · Corona · AB InBev · PHD Media · Australia
- Buckethead Army · KFC · Yum! Brands · MediaCom, Ogilvy Australia · Australia
- The Best ‘Freekend’ Christmas Ever! · Skinny · Spark NZ · PHD New Zealand, Platform29 · New Zealand
- The Broadway Musical · Skittles · Mars · MediaCom · United States
- Thrush The Musical · Canesten · Bayer · PHD Media Australia · Australia
- The Mekong Connection · Sunlight · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- Cross-channel Measurement · Shell · Shell Fuels · MediaCom · Hong Kong
- There’s Milk Here · Quebec Milk Producers · Touché! · Canada
- Warning – Do Not Attempt · Sport Chek · FGL Sports · Touché! · Canada
- The 24-Hour Magazine of Natural Beauties · Dove · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam, T&A Ogilvy · Vietnam
- A mission to Cut Sick Days by Half · Lifebuoy · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- Crunchy Sounds Challenge · Lay’s · PepsiCo · Mindshare · China
- World Cup · The Economist · The Economist Group · Proximity London · United Kingdom
- Hungry Puffs · Foodbank WA · The Brand Agency · Australia
- Brighter Homes, Brighter Kids · Dulux · AkzoNobel · MediaCom China · China
- Al Umobuwah – Putting ‘Mum’ into ‘Parenthood’ · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · Middle East & North Africa
- World Without Walls · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · Middle East & North Africa
- Kyrie5 – Reinventing the ‘Sneakerdrop’ · Nike · Mindshare China · China
- Politics Tamed · The Times & The Sunday Times · News UK · m/SIX, Pulse Creative · United Kingdom
- 4:25 Hunger Bar Launch · Oh Henry! · The Hershey Company · UM Canada, Anomaly · Canada
The WARC Media Awards are a comprehensive set of awards covering four categories: Effective Channel Integration, Best Use of Data (shortlist already announced), Effective Use of Tech, and Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships. The top winning papers – Grands Prix and Special Awards – will share a total prize fund of $40,000. The remaining two shortlists will be announced over the next few weeks.