WARC has named the jury line-up for the Best Use of Data category for the WARC Media Awards 2019, an international awards schemein search of communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results.
This case study competition examines the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective media investment, with the Best Use of Data category recognising the role of data in an effective communications strategy.
The jury panel of 15 client-side and agency-side senior industry professionals will be chaired by Spotify’s Scott Marsden, Global Head of Media, Performance and Life cycle Marketing. Scott leads end-to-end strategy and activation for Spotify’s on- and off-platform advertising and communication.
The full juryfor the Best Use of Data category, WARC Media Awards 2019, is as follows:
- Scott Marsden– Global Head of Media, Performance and Lifecycle Marketing, Spotify – jury chair
- Dana Al-Kutoubi – Head of Strategic Planning, Saudi Arabia, JWT
- John Barham – Head of Paid Media and Analytics, ROAST
- Lisa Cecchini – Vice President of Media and Analytics, Situation
- Deepak Chandran – Head of Insights, YouTube, Google
- DuBose Cole – Head of Strategy, VaynerMedia London
- Ian Forrester – Senior Vice President, Research & Analytics, Whalar
- Nicole Hartnett – Senior Marketing Scientist, Ehrenberg-Bass Institute
- Saskia Jones – Data Strategy Director & Partner, BBH
- Felicity Long – Managing Director, Connected Execution, MediaCom Global
- Belinda Lush – Head of Customer Experience Strategy, Colenso BBDO
- Aoife Murphy – Executive Strategy Director, Boys + Girls
- Luis Navarrete – Head of Global Search Marketing, LEGO Group
- Chandler Nguyen – Vice President, Product, APAC, Essence
- Benoit Weisser – Chief Strategy Officer, Asia, Regional Capability Lead, Brand Strategy, Ogilvy Asia
Outlining his expectations from case studies entered in this category, Scott Marsden, Global Head of Media,Performance and Lifecycle Marketing, Spotify and chair of the judging panel said: “I’m looking for data used in a way that shows scale and corroborates something. We will want to see a smart approach that has encouraged results.”
The WARCMedia Awards, now in their fourth year, are free to enter. Papers submitted as effectiveness case studies are welcomed from any territory and are discipline-neutral and channel-agnostic.
The winners of the Grands Prix and Special Awards across all four categories– Best Use of Data, Effective Channel Integration, Effective Use of Tech, and Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships – will share a prize fund of $40,000.
The Special Awards in the Best Use of Data category will be:
- Personalisation Award – for the best example of a campaign that used data to segment effectively
- The Attribution Award – for the best example of a channel attribution model
- Data-Driven Insight Award – for a campaign where data helped to identify the right audience at scale