Bangalore: Asianet News Network has broken into the Top 30 News / Information sites for Mobile users according to Comscore ranking of December 2017. It has witnessed the surge all the way from 116th position to Rank 28 with in a short span of time. The surge in traffic was part of the continuing efforts of the network to bolster its digital offering with various measures that includes acquisition of some of the regional platforms in the recent past.
Apart from entering the Top 30 list, Asianet News Network has also become the No.1 regional language (except Hindi/English) publisher as per Comscore Mobile Metrix Dec 2017 and are ahead of the regional playesr like ABP Group, Manorama, Vikatan, NewsHunt, Eeenaduindia.com, Telegraph, Dinamalar, Lokmat etc.
With over 5.5 million Facebook fans and over 1.1 million YouTube subscribers, Asianet News Digital is one of the fastest growing regional (except English & Hindi) language sites in India.
Asianet News Telugu Portal was started in October 2016 with a view to delivering the news from the newest Indian state of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Asianet News Tamil is one of the biggest entities in the Tamil Digital News sphere and has over 5.7 lakh people following its Facebook page.
Asianet News Network is also the co-owner of Republic TV, the channel that airs India’s super exclusive news show, ArnabGoswami’s The Debate.
With numbers as impressive as these and websites providing the quickest, most detailed news available,Asianet Digital Network is aspiring to shed the tag of being one of the fastest growing regional (except English & Hindi) language sites to being the top digital news site in India.
Some of the notable coverage from Asianet Digital in the recent time includes:
- Asianet News, the Malayalam site of the network, was instrumental in the resignation of Kerala Transport Minister Thomas Chandy for alleged violation of various land-related laws and encroachment of the backwaters for his resort in Alappuzha district.
- Suvarna News, the Kannada site of the network, was the first to hold the all-important pre-poll survey ahead of Karnataka’s election 2018 and is at the forefront of breaking important news from Karnataka.
- AsianetNewsable, the English site of the network, did extensive coverage of the harassment that IPS officer DS Roopa had to face and also uncovered the fact that most of Bengaluru’s corporators did not know the Karnataka state anthem. It was made compulsory for all BBMP officials to know and sing the state anthem.
- Asianet News showed the smiling face of Sreejith after he met Kerala Chief minister PinarayiVijayan and got his statement recorded by the CBI, thousands across the globe smiled too.
- AsianetNewsable broke the fact that Tamil Nadu’s former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s confidante Sasikala was receiving special treatment in Bengaluru’s ParappanaAgrahara.