BARC India today rolled out its first set of data on Individual viewership starting with Week 21 for the period from 23rd May 23 to 29the May 2015.
The major difference seen in the individual data on BARC Ratings for week 21 and the household data released by BARC during the week 20 is the movement of Zee TV to No. 3 spot and Life OK dropping down to No. 4 spot in the Hindi GEC Universe for HSM NCCS All India C&S 1 lakh+ markets.
Starting for this week (Week 21), the subscribers of BARC India will get both Household and Individual viewership ratings data on their BARC India Media Workstation (BMW) user software.
According to the BARC Ratings of week 21 Star Plus stays on top of the ratings chart with 406 million. Colors at No. 2 spot brought in ratings of 361 million. Zee TV moved in to No. 3 spot brought in ratings of 232 million. Life OK has dropped down to No. 4 in individual data from the No. 3 spot last week in household data as it clocked in ratings of 224 million. Sab TV at No. 5 brought in ratings of 187 million.
Among Hindi News Channels Aaj Tak stood on top of the charts with 26 million, while ABP News at no. 2 scored 22.8 million and India TV at no. 2 scored 22.4 million.
Among English News Channel Times Now was on top with 497 (000s) followed by India Today (formerly Headlines Today) with 175 (000s) and CNN IBN with 155 (000s)
Other Highlights of BARC Ratings of week 21 :
- Zee TV moves up to No. 3 position in Individual ratings data from its earlier No. 4 position in Household ratings data (HSM 1L+ C&S)
- In IPL – 4 mn individuals in 20.7 mn homes spent average of 1hr 8 mins watching the IPL Final.
- Times Now leads convincingly in English news category , while India Today with its new brand name (from Headlines Today) has higher Reach and is No.2 this week (All India 1L+ C&S)
- Colors is Prime Time Hindi GEC leader in Individual ratings (7:00pm to 11:30pm) (HSM 1L+ C&S)
- Star Plus is the leading Hindi GEC channel (HSM 1L+ C&S)
- Colors Kannada is the market leader in Karnataka market (1L+ C&S)
- Sun TV is a dominant leader in Tamil Nadu market (1L+ C&S)
- Zee Telugu is a dominant leader in AP/Telangana market (1L+ C&S)
- Pogo is the market leader in Kids category (All India 4-14 yrs 1L+ C&S)
- Discovery is the leader in the infotainment category (All India 1L+ C&S)
- CNBC TV 18 is the leading English Business News Channel (All India 1L+ C&S)