Hosted by Actor and Singer Meiyang Chang, the original local productionwill feature 13 people and their offbeat career choices
New Delhi : Discovery Channel, India’s leading destination for factual entertainment,is launching a new series titled INDIA’S BEST JOBS which will feature 13 extra ordinary individuals who followed their inner calling and turned their passion into profession. Hosted by popular actor and singer Meiyang Chang, the series decodes the careers of select trendsetters who chose unusual yet extremely successful career paths proving to the world that ‘Aajke India mein sab kuchmumkinhai!’. The series opens a world of possibilities and breaks myths around jobs and careers for the youth of India. The show has generated lot of advertiser interest – Bluestar Water Purifiers, Project Management Institute, Kirloskar and Abbott Healthcare have come on-board as on-air partners.
INDIA’S BEST JOBS will premiere on July 01 and will air every Saturday at 8pm.
The series will feature ‘a day in the life of’ each of the individuals with Chang delving into the reasons behind their bold career choices. Each episode will answer the HOW, WHY & WHATof these life-changing decisions and the misconceptions, ridicule, criticism that each one had to overcome to pursue their dream jobs. The series features well known personalities including RJ Naved, stand-up comedian Zakir Khan, chef RanvirBrar, fitness trainer to the stars- Prashant Sawant and celebrity yoga instructor AnshukaParwani, amongst others.
Sameer Rao, VP & Head of Real World Products, South Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said, “INDIA’s BEST JOBS is an important step in our endeavor to showcase programming reflective of Indian zeitgeist. This series is a salute to the extraordinary individuals who lived their lives without limits and reveled in their passion.”
- RJ Naved – Star Radio jockey of a renowned FM channel, Naved is famous for playing pranks on his listeners. Interestingly, Naved discovered his passion and mastered the art of mimicking people at a very early age.
- RanvirBrar-A celebrity chef, TV show host, successful restauranteur,a food stylist and an executive chef for one of India’s leading hotel chains. The episode delves into how he was inspired by the local kebab vendors in Lucknow to pursue his love for food and how he took his passion to the next level and was named as the youngest executive chef in India at a youngage of 25.
- Prashant Sawant-A celebrity personal trainer who has been working in the fitness industry for more than two decades. The go-to trainer for Bollywood’s elite including Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. The episode will give a sneak peek into his life, both professional and personal,including views many of his esteemed clientele, his loyal followers, his wife and other family members.
- AnshukaParwani-A celebrity yoga instructor based in Mumbai. Her clientele includesKareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and Tushar Kapoor. She is one of the renowned aerial yoga experts in India.
- Zakir Khan– An Indian stand-up comedian, writer and presenter. He had won Comedy Central’s India’s Best Stand Up Comedian competition and rose to fame in 2012.
- Avi and Anita Malik – An ex-Indian Air Force fighter pilot, Avi Malik, along with his wife Anita Malik, founded Temple Pilots paragliding club. Over the past 18 years, they have taught paragliding skills to over 500 individuals. They both left high-flying corporate careersto pursue what they firmly believedwas their eternal calling – paragliding. Avi and Anita were the first ones to professionalize the sport in India and recently also trained a visually impaired person to complete his firstever solo flight.
- ManoorSachdeva – Founder and Director of Canine Solutions Rehabilitation Centre, Manoor is a dog behaviorist and looks after as well as treats dogs with issues like anger management, excessive timidity, anti-social behavior and more. Manoor along with his wife Anjali runs this centre at their farm Phoebe’s Farm, named after theirdog Phoebe. Manoor credits Phoebe for teaching him everything there is to know about handling dogs of all kinds.
- Siddhartha Joshi – One of India’s most successful and followed travel bloggers, who strongly believes in the power of travelling to build bridges and break down barriers. Through his blog called ‘The Wanderer’, Siddhartha shares his passion for meeting and interacting with new people while travelling. Hisbiggest dream is that one day the world will know no boundaries, and people will be able to travel anywhere, visa-free
- Vijay Singh Ajairajpura – Hailing a Rajput family in Jaipur, biking runs in his blood. His father used to race for Jaipur Motorcycle club in the 70s and his grandfather organized the first all-India MotoX race in Jaipur in 1977. Vijay is proud of his Rajputana heritage and founded Rajputana Customs, one of the first custom motorcycle operations in the country.
- Akriti Khatri– Akriti always had a curious mind and aknack for investigations which led to Venus Detective agency, India’s leading female private detective agency. Her agency provides services like Pre-matrimonial, Post-matrimonial, Infidelity/Adultery, Divorce Cases, Surveillance/Follow, Missing Person, Under Cover Operations, and Loyalty Test etc.
- Shivang Mehta- A journalist turned PR professional; now a traveler and natural-history photographer, Shivang Mehta wears many professional hats. His love for the forests of Kumaon pushed him to leave the cozy comfort of corporate offices and start an organization Nature Wanderers with Corbett as the main area of work. An official trainer for Canon India, Shivang conducts wildlife photography workshops across India, Sri Lanka and Africa.
- Harpreet Bacher– ‘The Wedding Story’ is the brain-child of Mumbai-based photographer and cinematographer Harpreet Bachher. Filming, photographing, editing and showcasing a crisp cinematic record of weddings in a well-scripted, and visually stunning way is all what he seeks in his life. His clientele includesAahanaDeol, DivyankaTripathi and many others.