New Delhi: As of 14th October, Dream11, India’s Fantasy Sports Platform, achieved a technology milestone of 5.3 million+ concurrent users. The Dream11 platform experienced a surge of 44.4% traffic volume as against the final match of IPL 2019. As a sports tech brand dedicated to providing a seamless digital sports fan engagement to each and every one of its 9 crore users, Dream11 applies advanced technology and has built a robust back-end infrastructure to manage high traffic of users right before the match start time.
Notable Tech Stats of the Dream11 App:
- Achieved 5.3 million+ user concurrency
- Seamlessly managed 60 million requests per minute
- Witnesses 8000+ contest joins per second
- 18 million+ contest joins in a single match
- 20000+ team updates per second
- ~7.9 million entries in a single contest
Dream11 enhanced the technology behind the platform for the “Dream11 IPL” to manage the ever-growing incoming traffic and ensure a seamless digital sports fan engagement experience fantasy sports platform a seamless experience for all the users.
Notable Tech Innovations this IPL by Dream11:
- Creating Infrastructure Backbone: Dream11 created a system/unified infrastructure that supports efficient auto-scaling to handle over 1.5X the baseline workload
- Performance Improvement: Compared to IPL 2019, the ball-to-ball analytics time was reduced from 56 – 120 sec to just 20 – 25 sec in Dream11 IPL 2020
- User interface (UI) Optimisation: For users who are on a 2G connection with low-end devices, the Dream11 tech team created a UI that helps users complete their interactions 15-20% faster than before. It also helped in reducing the app start time by 7% and decreasing the screen load time
- The inception of Data Highway: A novel system in-house was created that followed the Lambda architecture, allowing horizontal scaling and providing more flexibility to offer 360-degree realistic analytics on user concurrency, transaction rates amongst other tasks
- Iron-Clad Security System: To make the system more resilient, self-aware, and intelligent, the Dream11 tech team created an automated anomaly detection, correction, and alerting system
Commenting on the technology behind Dream11, Abhishek Ravi, Chief Information Officer, Dream Sports & Dream11 said, “The IPL is one of the biggest sporting extravaganzas in India. Every year it gets bigger than the last and presents a fantastic opportunity for the Dream11 technology team to innovate and achieve industry-first milestones. This IPL was even more special as it was the “Dream11 IPL”. As India’s biggest fantasy sports platform in India with over 9 crore users, it is sacrosanct for us to provide a seamless and secure app experience to our users. Dream11 Tech has in-sourced most of the services and created new applications and software customized specifically for the needs of Dream11 users.”