Mumbai: INOX Leisure Ltd has reported financials for the third quarter ending 31st December 2019. The Board of Directors today at a meeting held in Mumbai took the results on record.
Continuing its robust business performance in the previous Quarters, INOX closed the 3rd Quarter of FY2020 on an impressive note, with total Revenues at Rs. 518 Cr, reporting an impressive 19% growth, on a Y-on-Y basis. At Rs. 108 Cr, EBITDA delivered a 25% growth and PAT stood at an impressive Rs. 51 Cr with a stupendous 40% growth. Footfalls too showed a robust 11% growth, with 17 Mn tickets sold in the Quarter.
INOX also rolled out its loyalty program, INOX REWARDS. India’s first tier-based cinema loyalty program has already garnered more than 4 Mn members, within two months of its launch. The simple and intuitive program offers loads of benefits to the enrolled customers, besides reward points which may be redeemed for movie tickets and F&B purchases. The launch of INOX REWARDS also commemorated the historic milestone of 600 screens across the country.
The performance of the Quarter once again emphasized the significance of content, with numerous movies doing well at the Box Office. While action film War and comedy movie Housefull 4 were the top draws, content driven movies like Bala and Good Newwz also played their part in inviting guests to INOX multiplexes across the country. Besides content, INOX’s consistent screen addition and efforts to take the cinema experience to new levels also added to the third Quarter’s performance.
The company has added 46 new screens in FY20 so far, underlining the Company’s expansion focus. Continuing its focus on technology, formats and experiences, INOX developed Central India’s largest multiplex at C21 Mall, Indore with 9 screens and 1486 seats, including the ultra-luxurious INSIGNIA, MX4D and Club.
Siddharth Jain, Director – INOX Group added, “We have been writing a consistent growth story at INOX, with our uncompromised and relentless business focus, enabled by some outstanding innovations in the space of Luxury, Service and Technology. We are proud to remain consistent on all parameters, while remaining focused towards guest experience, the core of our business. Our loyalty program, which would allow us to serve our guests better, has been very well received and appreciated by them. We will continue to remain committed to curating memorable cinema experiences and taking them closer to the millions of our guests across the country with our consistent roll out plans. The Quarter once again established the importance of content, which continues to drive guests to our cinemas, and allowing us to treat them with our high standards of hospitality.”
Highlights for Qtr 3 ended on 31st December 2019 (Year-on-Year basis)
- Launched INOX REWARDS, India’s first tier-based cinema loyalty program; garnered 4 Mn members within 2 months of roll-out
- Total revenues rise 19% to Rs. 518 Cr
- EBITDA at Rs 108 Cr with a strong growth of 25%*
- Profit After Tax shows an impressive 40% growth to Rs. 51 Cr*
- F&B revenues grow by 22% at Rs.130 Cr
- Advertising revenues stand at Rs. 58 Cr with a 3% growth
- 17 Mn tickets sold in the Quarter delivering a 11% growth in footfalls
- Expansion rigor visible in addition of 46 new screens in the current FY; screen count stands at 614 screens at 146 units
- Launched the largest and the most format-rich multiplex of Central India, at C21 Mall, Indore, with 9 screens and 1486 seats, with INSIGNIA, MX4D and Club experiences