Mumbai: UNICEF India in partnership with All India Radio and the Association of Radio Operators of India (AROI) today hosted the second edition of the Radio4Child awards to recognize creative and innovative programming on the issue of Routine Immunization and End Violence (against women and children) at a special function in Mumbai.
The occasion was graced by UNICEF Celebrity Advocate Madhuri Dixit, All India Radio (AIR) OSD Rajeev Kumar Shukla, Mr. K G Suresh, Director General, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, MrNeerajAggarwal, ADG VividhBharti, Mumbai, Ms. Anuradha Prasad, President, Association of Radio Operators for India (AROI) and MrRohitBansal, Group Head, Corporate Communications, RIL.
UNICEF, AIR and AROI have been conducting capacity building workshops for Private FM as well as All India Radio journalists since 2014 to help them integrate meaningful, appealing radio jingles/ talk shows on the critical messages of child health, Routine Immunization and End Violence.
To recognize the contribution of radio journalists in creative dissemination of health messages for children, the Radio4child Award was envisaged and the first edition was held in 2015.
The second edition of this coveted awards showcased the best entries received from a total of 120 RJs from across radio stations in six categories—Best PSA, Best Jingle, Best RJ link, Best Creative Campaign, Mission Indradhanush Best Radio Spot Award and Best Message Clarity Award.
Ms Dixit presented the awards. “Radio as a medium has a far-reaching impact on a wide and diversified audience. I am delighted to present these awards to the brightest minds in radio who are passionately contributing in creating awareness about the benefits of immunization in various communities. I congratulate all the participants of this award,” Ms. Dixit said. “As an UNICEF Advocate, I would like to reiterate how all children, no matter where they live or their circumstances, have the right to survive and to thrive – and we each have the responsibility to help them realize that right,” she added.
UNICEF engaged with public broadcaster AIR and private FM channels to reach the remotest population for ending preventable child deaths. The awards are a culmination of months of hard work by UNICEF-AROI through workshops to train radio journalists in creating awareness through innovative campaigns.
List of the winners of Second Radio4Child awards are:
The WINNER for BEST PSA on RI-AIR is:
- Shalini Mittal AIR Delhi for KAALA TIKA NAZAR
The WINNER for BEST PSA on EndViolence-AIR is:
- Yunus Khan AIR Mumbai for JADOO
The Winner for BEST RADIO JINGLE ON RI –AIR is:
- Gour& RJ KP from Siksha O Anusandhan Community Radio Bhubaneswar Odisha for RAP
The Winner for BEST RADIO JINGLE ON EV –AIR is:
- Umesh Mehta AIR Mumbai for JAMOORA
The WINNER for BEST RADIO SPOT on RI-AIR is:
- Sanjay Goswami, AIR Gauwahati , Assam for CHILD
Winner of BEST RADIO SPOT on EV-AIR is:
- NamrataPhalke AIR Aurangabad,Maharashtra for DARKNET
The WINNER for BEST RJ LINK on RI-AIR is:
- K. Tiwari, AIR Purnea, Bihar for BADHTEY KADAM-ANM PUSHPA
The WINNER BEST RJ LINK on EV-AIR is:
- ApeejaySatya University, Sohna Haryana for CYBER ABUSE-STOP IT!
The WINNER for BEST PSA on RI-FM is:
- Radio City Delhi for KILKAARIYAN
The WINNER for BEST PSA on EndViolence-FM is:
- RJ Sangram and Manash, Radio Choklate Bhubaneswar Odisha for BISWAS
The Winner for BEST RADIO JINGLE ON RI –FM is:
- AnshuPriya Radio Dhoom, Jamshedpur for LAGAAVELU
The Winner for BEST JINGLE on EV FM is:
- ChuppiTodo – RJ Subhash Krishna Radio Mirchi, Patna, Bihar
The WINNER for BEST RADIO SPOT on EV FM is:
- RJ Rocky & Abbas Red FM Delhi for TIMECHECK
Winner of BEST RADIO SPOT on EV FM is:
- RJ Animesh My FM Raipur, Chhatisgarh for AWAAZEIN
The WINNER for BEST RJ LINK on RI-FM is:
- RJ Mandy Red FM Gauwahati, Assam for DISTRICT IMMUNIZATION
The WINNER BEST RJ LINK on EV-FM is:
- RJ Sangram, Radio Choklate, Bhubaneswar, Odisha for JKR FACEBOOK