The One Club, the foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, also announced 12 new appointees to its National and International Boards, including representatives from four new countries: Philippines, Singapore, Spain and United Arab Emirates.
Sonal Dabral, Group CCO, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather India will be replacing Prasoon Joshi, executive chairman, CEO, McCann World Group India and president. South Asia, McCann Erickson Mumbai, India.
Credle, a current One Club board member, replaces José Molla, founder and CCO at The Community, Miami, whose term as chairman of the National Board of Directors has come to an end. He will officially hand over the reins of the organization to Credle at The One Show on Friday evening, May 11th.
New members of The One Club International Board of Directors are:
- Pat Baron, CCO, Australia and Chairman, McCann APAC Creative Leadership Council, McCann Melbourne, Australia
- Eugene Cheong, CCO, Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific and Singapore, Singapore
- Sonal Dabral, Group CCO, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather India, Mumbai
- Leong Wai Foong, chairman, CCO, BBDO Greater China, Shanghai, China (replacing Dean Sciole, director of marketing, Cadillac China, Shanghai)
- Mónica Moro, CCO, McCann Spain, Madrid, Spain
- Masako Okamura, ECD, ASPAC, Dentsu Aegis Network, Manila, Philippines
- Juliana Paracencio, regional CD, Memac Ogilvy & Mather, Dubai, UAE
- Luiz Sanches, CCO, AlmapBBDO, São Paulo, Brazil (replacing Nizan Guanaes, chairman, Grupo ABC, São Paulo)
- Yasuharu Sasaki, ECD, Dentsu Tokyo, Japan (replacing Naoki Ito, CEO, creative director and founder, Party, Tokyo)
“One reason The One Club is so prestigious is because of its exceptional Board of Directors, an impressive group of the most prominent professionals in our field,” said Swanepoel. “This new group of renowned global creative leaders and the current Board, led by Susan Credle, will play a key role in furthering our mission to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community, and solidifying the relevance of our mission in their regions and around the world.”
“I joined the advertising industry before portfolio schools existed. The One Club became my university,” said Credle. “From the beautiful coverage of the creative industry to the workshops, to The One Show Book which many of us referred to as the ‘Advertising bible’, I learned to aim higher, to do better. Today, it’s exciting to see The One Club continuing to evolve while holding true to the same goal. To inspire us all to be better. José has done a tremendous job leading The One Club through some big years of change. I look forward to working with Kevin and his team and the board, as we continue to uphold the legacy of The One Club.”
Board members, who serve three-year terms, are selected based on three criteria: they must be prominent international creatives, be respected leaders in their given fields, and exert influence in their respective regions.