The Ad Club re-elects Raj Nayak as President, VikramSakhuja as Vice President, Ajay Kakkar as Secretary, Bhaskar Das as Jt Secretary and Shashi Sinha as Treasurer
Mumbai: At the recently concluded annual general meeting, The Advertising Club unanimously elected Raj Nayak, CEO COLORS, as its President for the second consecutive term.
The New Managing Committee is as follows:
President| Raj Nayak, CEO, COLORS, Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd.
- Vice President| VikramSakhuja, Group CEO, Media and OOH, Madison Communications Pvt. Ltd.
- Secretary | Ajay Kakar, Chief Marketing Officer, Financial Services, Aditya Birla Group
- Jt. Secretary | Bhaskar Das, Group CEO, Zee Media Corporation Ltd.
- Treasurer| Shashi Sinha, CEO, IPG Mediabrands
- Office Bearer | Ashish Sehgal, COO, Zee Unimedia Ltd.
- Member |Mitrajit Bhattacharya, President and Publisher, Chitralekha Group
- Member | Partha Sinha, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, McCann
- Member | Pradeep Dwivedi, Chief Corporate Sales & Marketing Officer, DainikBhaskar Group | DB Corp Ltd.
- Member | Ramesh Narayan, Managing Director, Canco Advertising Pvt. Ltd.
- Member | VikasKhanchandani, Chief Business Officer, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited
- Member | Viral Jani, Head TV Partnerships, Twitter India
- Co-opted Member | ParthoDasgupta, CEO, Broadcast Audience Research Council
- Co-opted Member | PunithaArumugam, Director, Agency Business, India and South East Asia, Google India Pvt. Ltd.
- Co-opted Member | Ajay Chandwani, Director, Percept Limited
Immediate Past President | Pratap Bose, Founder, Social Street
Preeti Vyas, Founder & Chairwoman, Vyas Giannetti Creative.
Namrata Tata, Head of Sales, Colors Infinity, VH1 & Comedy Central.
SapangeetRajwant, Head of Marketing, Hindi Mass Entertainment, Viacom18
Manish Bhatt, Founder Director, Scarecrow Communications Ltd
Expressing his pleasure at his re-election, Raj Nayak, CEO, COLORS, said, “I am extremely honored & humbled at the love bestowed upon me by the industry. I hope to continue working even more vigorously to realize The Ad Club’s agenda of acting as a catalyst in developing our vibrant and dynamic industry.”
Nakul Chopra, CEO South Asia, Publicis Worldwide and President, AAAI welcomed the announcement saying, “I am delighted that Raj has been elected President Ad Club for another term. A dear friend, a respected colleague – Raj has always worked for the good of the industry via various forums. I look forward to working closely with him to further the already strong relationship between The Ad Club and AAAI.”
PunitGoenka, MD & CEO, ZEE and President, IBF, commented, “I am most certain that with his rich experience, acumen and industry knowledge, Raj will continue to take ‘The Advertising Club’ to greater heights. The very fact that he is re-elected, speaks abundantly about his contribution made to the club and to the industry. Over the last year, the club has certainly been a catalyst in developing the industry and with its interactive platforms and properties, it has served as a brilliant platform for industry professionals to interact and exchange thoughts. I wish Raj all the success in this role.”
Showing his excitement about the announcement, Srinivasan Swamy, Chairman and MD, R.K. Swamy BBDO and President IAA India Chapter and Senior Vice President IAA Global, said, “I was delighted to hear that Raj was reelected to lead The Advertising Club. His passion and energy levels are infective. He has brought in many senior names to join the committee and I eagerly look forward to next phase of accelerated growth for the Club under his stewardship.”
Industry stalwart Sam Balsara, Chairman, Madison World, also expressed his pleasure by saying, “I am delighted that Raj has agreed to continue as The Ad Club President. This augurs well for the members of the advertising, media and marketing community in general and members of The Ad Club in particular. Raj is everybody’s favorite person and is uniquely positioned to discharge this onerous responsibility which he has kindly agreed to, despite his hectic and I am sure taxing work schedule”.
Industry veteran CVL Srinivas, CEO, GroupM, South Asia, commented, “Its great news for the industry that Raj Nayak has been re-elected President of The Advertising Club. Raj brings a lot of style and substance to whatever he does. His boundless energy, passion and commitment is so amazing. I wish him the very best and look forward to another great year with him at the helm”.