New York: Talented women creatives from 12 countries have been announced as Top-10 and Regional winners for Next Creative Leaders 2020, run jointly by The One Club for Creativity and The 3% Movement.
Next Creative Leaders (NCL) is a portfolio competition that identifies, celebrates, and gives a global platform to talented women and non-binary creatives who are making their mark on the world with both their work and a unique point of view on creative leadership that’s changing the industry for the better.
The Top-10 highest-scoring winners for 2020, as selected by a diverse jury of 88 creatives from 25 countries, are (listed alphabetically):
- Astrid Andujar, art director, Droga5, New York
- Fatima Ansari, copywriter, BBDO Pakistan, Lahore
- Sarah Berro, associate creative director, Impact BBDO, Dubai
- Marina Erthal, creative director, CUBOCC, São Paulo
- Lauren Ferreira, creative director, Droga5, New York
- Lauren Haberfield, associate creative director, BETC, Paris
- Elma Karabegovic, associate creative director, FCB Toronto
- Chloe Saintilan, associate creative director, R/GA, New York
- Imen Soltani, copywriter, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Los Angeles
- Sara Uhelski, copywriter, freelance, San Francisco
New for 2020 is the addition of NCL Regional honors to recognize those on a regional level whose work and creative vision the judges feel deserve accolades.
NCL 2020 Regional winners are as follows:
- Haylie Craig, senior art director, Colenso BBDO, Auckland
- Alex Xu, copywriter, Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai
- Anyaa Dev, art director, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam
- Nian He, art director, Grabarz & Partners, Hamburg
- Teresa Verde Pinho, copywriter, and Mariana Reis, art director (team), Ogilvy Paris
- Antoinette Ribas, art director, Ogilvy Social Labs Brussels
- Mariana Albuquerque, senior copywriter, Rothco, part of Accenture Interactive, Dublin (originally from Brasilia)
- Erika Moreira, copywriter, AKQA, São Paulo
- Emily Berger, senior creative, Mojo Supermarket, New York
- Marybeth Ledesma, creative director, Droga5, New York
- Belén Márquez, global associate creative director/art director, WhatsApp – Creative X, Facebook, San Francisco
- Nellie Santee, senior copywriter, DAVID, Miami
- Malika Reid, art director, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco
- Bongiwe Neema Nouse, copywriter, The Odd Number, Johannesburg
NCL recognizes those who are stepping into leadership roles. Entrants were judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background, and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring, and advocacy. To make Next Creative Leaders as open and accessible as possible, there is no fee to enter the competition.