New Delhi: A study undertaken by Sulekha.com, India’s leading AI-driven tech platform for expert services has unveiled interesting trends and insights about the service categories that have seen an increase since the lockdown began.
This study is based on visits and searches by nearly 98,000 users across Indian cities that landed on Sulekha between March 23rd and May 11th, 2020.
Key findings of the study:
- The top 3 service categories that users have seen a spike include AC Dealers, Packers and Movers, and Mobile phone services. As summer was fast approaching, it comes as no surprise that most users had searched for AC dealers.
- AC Dealers have witnessed a growth of 346% followed by Packers and Movers (282%) and Mobile Phone Services (230%).
- Service categories such as Vehicle Rentals, Drivers, and Home Electronics & Appliances Dealers grew overall by 180%. This could be due to people stranded in one city looking for intra and intercity travel options.
- As many people are currently working from home, requests for Computer Repair & Services category has grown by 118%
- The top 5 cities that are leading in online searches across service categories include: Chennai, Delhi, and Bangalore followed by Hyderabad and Mumbai. The online requests for the top 5 cities grew by 50%
Satya Prabhakar, Founder & CEO, Sulekha, said, “Covid-19 has influenced some interesting trends in demand for services. Since the lockdown began, we have seen an increase in certain service categories such as Internet Service providers and Computer Repair & services. This is owing to most of the workforce working from home. Like every summer, AC dealers saw a boost in searches.”
Sulekha will share interesting insights on multiple Home, Office and Education related services as a part of a regular Trend Tracker.