World’s leading travel channel Travelxp brings 100% originally-produced world class travel content in 4K HDR to TELUS Optik TV viewers in Canada
Mumbai: Travelxp, the world’s leading travel channel network with 100% original production, is set to launch Travelxp 4K in Canada on 26 July, 2018. Travelxp 4K will be the first 4K HDR linear television channel to launch in Canada.
Prashant Chothani, CEO Travelxp, said, “We are delighted to launch Travelxp 4K as the first 4K HDR channel of Canada on the reputed TELUS Optik TV platform. Canada is a large and important market with a highly evolved audience which is known to be amongst the largest spenders on international travel. We feel privileged to enter so many wonderful TV homes in Canada, thanks to our partnership with Telus Optik TV. We hope to add to their wanderlust with our unique, exclusive, premium and 100% originally-produced travel content presented in 4K HDR quality for an unmatched experience.”
Stuart Smitherman, President of Vivicast Media, said, “We are excited to join with TELUS Optik TV for the Canadian launch of Travelxp 4K, the world’s first 4KHDR channel with 100% exclusive programming delivered in stunning 4K. Through the network’s new partnership with TELUS Optik TV subscribers can view Travelxp 4K’s content in full 4K High Dynamic Range for a viewing experience that is truly unmatched.”
It will be recalled that earlier this month, Travelxp HD launched in Singapore on the StarHub network with its world class multicultural content, and before that, in end-April, Travelxp had launched on UK’s largest platform Freeview too.
Travelxp is the global leader in 4K HDR technology. All shows on the channel are original in-house productions, filmed across 53 countries with multi-cultural hosts..
Content on Travelxp for TV homes on the Telus Optik TV network:
Travelxp’s most popular shows from its six main categories of Destination, Lifestyle, Food, Culture, Nature and Heritage will be available to over a million homes on the Telus Optik TV network.
- Destination: The destination category includes episodes about destinations from popular series like Backpack, Off The Grid, Glimpses, Xplore World, Xplore India, XP Guide, City Breaks, Nordic Quest, Summer Escapes and special series on Nepal – Hope Never Dies.
- Lifestyle: The Lifestyle category includes episodes from top series likeUnwind, Bliss, World Spas, Great World Hotels, Great Indian Hotels, Best From The Rest, Cruise XP, Tracking Royalty, and more.
- Food: The food categories includes episodes based upon local, regional, national and international cuisines, dishes and delicacies from popular Travelxp shows like Strictly Street seasons 1 and 2, Food Fact Fun, Food Highway, Quest and Foodicted, among others.
- Culture: The culture category includes episodes from popular culture-based series like Divine Destinations, World Festivals, The Special Mount Kailash Series, special culture series like Hornbill Festival, Desert Sunset, Rann Utsav, Fair@Pushkar, Spring Fun, and much more.
- Nature: The Nature category includes episodes from popular series likeBada Weekend, Hills & Valleys, and much more.
- Heritage: The Heritage category includes episodes from exquisite series like World Heritage, Landmarks and more.