Vibha Chopra, Head of Global Syndication & International Film Distribution for ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd shares her Focus points for 2020.
1. Zee Studios International’s primary focus has always been to acquire and showcase relevant content across globe that resonate with the audience
2. This year too, we aim to go beyond the conventional territories and widen our horizons by tapping non-traditional markets such as China, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, South Korea among others. We are kick-starting 2020 with the release of Manikarnika in Japan on 3rd January 2020.
3. Apart from the tent pole films, we are keen to explore more women-oriented films this year. A strong content backed with messages have struck a chord with the viewers across globe and we are set to release robust line-up that includes Gunjan Saxena – The Kargil Gil and Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitaare, both are much anticipated, engaging, path-breaking as well as socially relevant stories.
4. While the coming year will see a lot of new collaborations, we will continue our association with Dharma Productions on their upcoming releases with Bhoot: Part One- The Haunted Ship slated to release in February 2020 and Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl which is releasing in March 2020. Along with this, we are equally proud to partner with Balaji Telefilms on their next pioneering project, Dolly Kitty aur Woh Chamakte Sitaare starring Konkana Sen Sharma and Bhumi Padnekar. The film premiered at Busan International Film Festival last year (2019) to encouraging reviews and we will hear a lot of exciting developments on this front.
5. Apart from the Indian cinema, Zee Studios International is the only Indian distribution entity for Filipino movies, in this year we are looking to release one of the most anticipated title, ‘Untrue’ in January 2020.