The report identifies data patterns of 1.5 billion mobile app users spread across 5 different geographical regions. Data in this specific report reflects consumer confidence trends in different industries in Q2 2020.
According to the most recent Global Mobile Consumer Trends Report, India has experienced a significant rise in the use of dating apps in Q2 2020 along with rise in downloads for gaming, fitness and ecommerce apps.
Here is an Overview of the Top App Performers in India
The healthcare and fitness vertical in India has been on a meteoric rise in Q2 compared to Q1 2020.
- Global rise in downloads of fitness apps in Q2 vs Q1 was 45.66%.
- The boost to global downloads of fitness apps in Q2 globally was driven majorly by India (156.73%), which translated to 58 million active users.
- As with downloads, the major boost to DAU in Q2 was driven by India. With a whopping 84% growth, that translated to 12 million users.
Finding Love in a Pandemic
While the lockdowns have kept us all inside our homes, technology has managed to connect people nevertheless. The Global rise in downloads of dating apps in Q2 vs Q1 was 18.24%. While India noticed a significant increase in downloads in this category at 413% (3 million users) in Q2 as compared to Q1 and a massive growth of 397.53% in DAU. This translated to an additional 1 million active users.
Online Education rules this year
- Globally, edtech apps have seen an increase in DAU (22.39%), downloads (34.14%), frequency of usage (31.18%) and the average session duration (2.73%).
- The Americas saw the largest increase in new users (42.25%), significantly higher than the global average of 34.14%.
- India came a respectable second with 31.35% increase in new users in Q2 over Q1.While the Session Duration and Downloads have increased in the last 6 months comparatively.