New Delhi: The year 2017 will be a historic year for the Indian Television News Media Space as the industry has witnessed plenty of changes with lots of positivity and equal volume of disapprovals. However, TV Today Network has braced itself towards turning the threats as its opportunity to disrupt and resurge with new innovations in its core businesses and brought in a wave of refreshing thought process across various functions.
Right from changes in top-level management to taking a deep dive in to the world of digital media and adopting certain stern policy decisions, the News Media giant has surely redefined itself, bracing for the new challenging year ahead.
The Organization has witnessed top-level changes in the form of Ms. Kalli Purie being elevated to Vice Chairperson, India Today Group and Mr. Vivek Khanna being appointed as the New Group CEO of India Today Group.
The re-launch and rebranding of Tez and Delhi AajTak with refreshing new look and feel coupled with a successful Agency Activation was truly a mark of disruption. The TV Today Network has braced itself to become a future ready Media Network with the launch of Mobiletak.in – a portfolio of 7 digital channels made especially to target the digital audience with trendy mobile platforms.
By strictly adopting the policy of No Dual feed and No Landing Channel the network has revalidated its ethical standards in its business practices and also managed to show growing viewership numbers despite stiff competition in all corners.
Lets have a look at some of the Special Coverage by Today TV Network in 2017 that created notable impact in the society:
India Today TV – Big stories with Bigger Impact in 2017:
- Operation Gau Rakshaks: Cow vigilantes or extortionists? on July 14, 2017.
- India Today’s Hurriyat tapes decoded in 3 minutes: How Pakistan funds villains of Kashmir….on 17th May 2017.
- Operation Conversion Mafia on October 31, 2017.
- Cash for votes scandal 2017 in UP Elections on 23rd February 2017.
- Operation sex for nikah: exposed the dark side of nikahhalala on August 16, 2017.
- Operation CricketGate: unearths biggest cricket scandal on 24th September 2017.
- Operation farmgate: What is killing India’s farmers? on 28th June 2017
The following are some of the Top Stories aired on AajTak in 2017:
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017
- Govt Formation in Uttar Pradesh after UP Elections
- Results of MCD Elections in Delhi 2017
- Kapil Mishra Alleges Arvind Kejriwal and AAP Leaders of Corruption
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017
- BJP Accused Lalu Prasad Yadav and his Family in Various Scams.
- Sexual Abuse Case Against Gurmeet Ram Rahim
- Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017