Chennai: Wavemaker Mesh – the marketing command center has analyzed the social media conversations that happened around IPL season 11 from 7th April to 28th May 2018.The report has revealed some interesting and detailed analysis.
Vodafone emerges as the most buzziest brand, despite Vivo being the title sponsor. The brand ran FANtastic Breaks contest, where 10 cricket trivia questions were posted on Facebook in every IPL match and lucky winners got an iPhone every match. The contest has helped Vodafone rake in over 700K comments on Facebook, driving Vodafone to the no.1 spot in the most buzziest brands list.
Vodafone also became the most watched and the Zoozoos love helped Vodafone emerge as the most lovable brand on social media, with highest likes and shares for the brand across social media platforms.
The title sponsor VIVO ranks 2nd in overall social media buzz, with majority of conversations from the Pass hashtag #vivoipl. The brand ran #PerfectFan contest, urging fans to participate in IPL conversations using #vivoipl and #PerfectFan. The winner got match tickets and a Vivo smartphone everyday.
Jio ranks 3rd with promotion running around Jio Cricket Gold.Jio also launched a first of its kind cricket-comedy TV show JioDhanDhanaDhan Live, starring Sunil Grover and ShilpaShinde. The show was aired on Colors and JioTV App.
Oppo’s #RealChampion campaign and promotion of their cricket limited edition Oppo F7 ads garnered 2nd highest views among peers. It was the 2nd most liked and shared brand on social media.
Tata was busy this IPL season, bombarding social media with posts on multiple themes across platforms. As a result the brand managed to break into the top 3 most viewed videos on social media.
Nokia, the official partner of KKR ranks 3rd among peers in terms of Likes and share. The brand promoted its range of smartphones this season.
Key highlights of the report are as follows:
- Dhoni drives CSK to #IPL2018 Trophy, on field; Vodafone, Vivo, Oppo, Jio, Nokia and Tata Motors does the same off field.
- IPL 2018 is the most buzziest till date, shattering all previous records. The tournament garnered 16.7Mn total conversations, 3X times 2017
- Though Vodafone is not the official sponsor this IPL, it still rules the charts on social media
- The final between CSK and SRH was the most talked about match, generating 240k+ mentions
- Despite being ousted in the group stages, Mumbai Indians secured the 2nd position followed by KKR; while SRH are at 5th
Men far outshout the women with respect to IPL conversations with 78% male and 22% female audience.