Rome, Italy: MediaCom has been named Agency Network of the Year at the Festival of Media Global Awards 2018. The agency took the crown after winning 19 awards on the night.
At the ceremony on Monday 14th May, MediaCom won 8 gold, 8 silver and 3 bronze trophies, and the coveted Agency Network of the Year.
MediaCom’s campaigns for Cerveza Victoria in Mexico, Cancer Research in the UK, Head & Shoulders in Poland, Skittles in Saudi Arabia, Gillettein Israel and an inclusivity initiative for MediaCom UK were recognised as being world beaters.
The Festival of Media Global Awards recognise excellence in media thinking around the world and celebrate the most innovative and effective work.
MediaCom’s successes come after the agency topped the competition shortlist, picking up 58 nominations from 31 brands across 16 markets.
The results maintain MediaCom’s good form at global award ceremonies. It was awarded Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global, M&M Global, Campaign and AdWeek in 2017, as well as topping this year’s Gunn Report for Media, published by WARC.
On the wins, Stephen Allan, MediaCom’s Worldwide Chairman and CEO, said: “This is a fantastic result and reflects the consistently brilliant work that our teams are delivering day in, day out, in offices around the world. Our Systems Thinking philosophy is enabling us to drive real value for our clients.”
MediaCom’s full list of winners is as follows:
- Creative Use of Media Awards: Babyface,Gillette, MediaCom Israel
- Effectiveness Award: Steal your Boyfriend’s Shampoo, MediaCom Poland
- Best Use of Live Streaming: Live from Inside the Human Body, Cancer Research UK, MediaCom UK
- Best Launch Campaign: Lo ChingonEstaAqui, Cerveza Victoria, MediaCom Mexico
- Best Use of Gamification:LetOutTheSour, Skittles, MediaCom MENA
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: I Don’t Roll On Shabbos, Gillette, MediaCom Israel
- Inclusion Awards: Mediacom UK
- Brand Bravery Award: Lo ChingonEstaAqui, Cerveza Victoria, MediaCom Mexico
- Best Use of Technology: Babyface, Gillette, MediaCom Israel
- Best Use of Data and Insight: AI Map, Theraflu, MediaCom Russia
- Best use of Geo-Location: AI Map, Theraflu, MediaCom Russia
- Impact Awards: Pantene, Beautiful Lengths, MediaCom Israel
- Collaboration Award: Live from Inside the Human Body, Cancer Research UK, MediaCom UK
- Best Communications Strategy: I Don’t Roll On Shabbos, Gillette, MediaCom Israel
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: LetOutTheSour, Skittles, MediaCom MENA
- Best Use of Content: Lo ChingonEstaAqui, Cerveza Victoria, MediaCom Mexico
- Effectiveness Award: Food Love Stories, Tesco, MediaCom UK
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: Song for Forgiveness, P&G (multiple brands), MediaCom Indonesia
- Best Use of Mobile: The Lenz, Deutsche Telekom, MediaCom Germany