Mumbai: The channel which has taken innovation in news television to a level once again brings multiple tech tools which will make #May19withArnab, a show to remember.
Indian television viewer for the first time will be introduced to new age data visualisation with tools like Spectrum, Firewall and Cluster by Times NOW from 7 am onwards on 19th May2016 only on TIMES NOW.
And this time as Arnab Goswami, President News & Editor in Chief of Times NOW & ET NOW says, “Election coverage will be an all new, refreshing experience on Times NOW. This time by teaming with the world leaders in data visualisation Gramener we give the Indian viewers never before seen cutting edge graphical representation of data”.
Naveen Gattu, Co-founder of Gramener, Data analytics and Visualization Company says, “ It’s a great opportunity and challenge for us, teaming up with India’s number one English news network, we introduce on May 19th a new genre of visual data journalism which will make understanding data so much more simple “
Times NOW and Gramener introduces five new data visualisation tools which will be a first not just in India but in broadcast journalism the world over.
- WHAT IF? – It depicts how each alliance is performing as the results trickle in and helps us examine various scenarios in term of how future post poll agreements may play out
- SCATTER PLOT- Maps out the constituencies as per the margin of leads that trickle in, mapping the leads on X axis and vote share on the Y axis
- ELECTION CHORD – A depiction of which party or alliance gained votes and seats at whose expense from the previous election
- SPECTRUM – A measurement of how every seat traditionally votes is mapped
- STRIKE RATE – It depicts the performance of each individual party in terms of its seats won, compared to the number of seats it contested.
Apart from top politicians in our studio, we will be having some of the largest and most experienced in house panellist consisting of Neerja Chowdhury, senior journalist; R Rajagopalan, senior journalist; Saba Naqvi, senior journalist; Sachidananda Murthy, Resident Editor; Malayala Manorama; Shahid Siddiqui, Chief Editor; Nai Dunia, Alok Mehta, Editor; Outlook Hindi; Sunil Alagh, Political Analyst & Chairman; SKA Advisors; Aloke Banerjee, senior journalist; Sanjay Pinto, lawyer and political analyst; Kumar Ketkar , Wasbir Hussain, Consultant Editor.
This time TIMES NOW has a strategic tie up two top regional networks to bring you numbers not just first and fast, but for real time- in-depth analysis. For Assam we have a tie up with Newslive, giving updates from Assam’s number one news network will be Zareer Hussain, Editor in Chief of Newslive with Wasbir Hussain, TIMES NOW consulting editor.
And from Kerala, the number one Malayalam news network Asianet News joins hands with TIMES NOW. Joining from the Asianet News studio is M G Radhakrishnan, the editor in chief.